My ratty stuff - 30 A

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scraggly

Ok all,
I'm a Newbie here, and here's my build.

1930 A, Flathead Ford, T-5, Ranger rear, steelies, 42-47 front axle, split bones.

Pics on trailer the day it came home.
Three flatheads in various conditions the day they came home.
flathead parts along the way.
Car as it is now.
(E-type Jag in the background is not a rat, but is another hobby. A beautiful machine.)

Scraggly.

Attachments

• hotroda1.jpg
    hotroda1.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 50
  • hotroda3.jpg
    hotroda3.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 51
  • motors-all.jpg
    motors-all.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 52
  • flat-1-small.jpg
    flat-1-small.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 58
  • car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 105
Cool pics scrag. Do you have any of the rear of your frame or the ranger rear end? I'm planning on using a bronco II rear in mine and I'd be interested to see how you set yours up. Thanks

Nice project!

Scraggly,
Really nice project that "followed" u home!!! ; - > Please keep us n the loop!

BoB

Hey thanks guys!

Ron - the rear end is just sitting on the frame at this point, but I'm thinking right now of a 4-link with coilovers. Parallel with panhard bar or non-parallel, whatever works out. Should be relatively straightforward, all tucked up under the car as to not be too visible. No real photos of the rear, it's just a regular axle, with leaf spring perches, and 5-on-4.5 pattern to match the econoline front spindles and hubs.

I'm not thinking a channel, and maybe not even a chop at this point. I'm 6'2" and want to be able to drive it comfortably.

The front is a stock axle, but it's got a little drop to it. Again, the frame is just sitting on the front axle in the pics also. Posies makes a spring for this axle, reverse eye, low, so the front and rear should only come up a few inches with a suspension under it, hopefully, and the stance should work out well.

Scraggly.

Attachments

• fasmall.jpg
    fasmall.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 18
Scraggly - nice start. What t-5 are you utilizing & whose adaptor are you going to run??

I'm surprised that the State Nazi's aren't out ball busting you for to many projects..........nice jag.

Ratty 46

Hey Digger, that's some nice stuff. I'm thinking Red for the flatty also. But probably white or black wheels and white firewall.

Ratty46, I got a Camaro T-5, and I know that most guys use an s-10 for the forward shifter position, but mocking it up it doesn't look too bad, and I can always change the shifthousing later if need be. Not sure on the adapter/clutch situation. Probably Speedway if it's easiest, but I haven't really looked into clutch or adapter stuff just yet. I picked up the camaro t-5 really cheap at a swap meet, so I grabbed it.

Scraggly.

Latest posts

Back