found the holy grail of gassers!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimsibley

I am very happy to report that after chasing leads for 4 years i have located the only 40-41 willys i could afford. Its all steal but it is truely beat to crap.

Attachments

• 000_0084 copy.jpg
    000_0084 copy.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 000_0083 copy.jpg
    000_0083 copy.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 000_0082 copy.jpg
    000_0082 copy.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 62
Great catch!

Jim,
Wow... great catch!!! For some reason... those are extremely rare down here. Don't know what the story is but I've never seen a beater for sale in these parts. I cry!!!

BoB

The way you put em back together Jim, I have no doubt that that Willys will be in ship shape not long after you get started on it. Nice grab.

Yep, I've seen some of the stuff you started with........this will be a roll in the hay for you. :D Love these Willys gassers. Please post some pictures of how you save it. Those would be great to see.

Don

I have also seen some of your cars.This one looks pretty good.The hard part is already done.(Finding It)You should not have any problems putting that back into action.

If you have any Willys questions I can steer you to a buddy of mine that has 2. One is a 41 and the other is a 37 that he stuffed a SBF 347 Stroker with a BDS blower and a couple of BG carbs. This guy is up on Willys.

Nice score!!:eek:

Seems some people have all the luck. I know a guy like that. He score an old Willys drag truck with a radically chopped top. With a junk sbc, it ran 11.17 in the 1/4. This was around 75'. Ran into him recently, still has the same truck (all steel) and a second Willys drag truck called Coca Cola. That one runs a 15-1 big block that he drives on the street.

Jim,
Wow... great catch!!! For some reason... those are extremely rare down here. Don't know what the story is but I've never seen a beater for sale in these parts. I cry!!!

BoB

Bob, did you ever go to the get together at Kroegers on Spring/cypress? There were 2 40/41 willy's that would show up . One belonged to an NHRA hall of famer named Willord ? something and another that an 18 year old kid drove that belonged to his Dad. Both were yellow and both were ex-gassers. They were nice cars. TP
Jim if anyone can bring that back to life it's you. I have followed your builds on the HAMB. TP

Latest posts

Back