Let's see your thumpers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can get some guys from hondatwins.com theres alot of guys that build one lunngers. Lemme warn you, they perfer cafes though.
Happy Valentine's day
Preston

From the cool bike foto thread
'57 BSA 600cc flathead :)

5967_3.jpg

How many one lunger customs out there? Let's see them.
Ive got an SR500 in the shop thats getting a set of clubmans and a cafe fairing. Probably not what you're looking for, but it's a single. All the others I have are flattrackers.

ya'll may not like my idea but it is a very cheap way to build a sportbike and have cheap ins. (which is a problem for us young guys). Take a Ninja 250, remove the suspension and replace with the suspension from a 95-02 ZX6R Ninja. Remove the motor and replace it with a KLR650. Put the fairings back on and you have one helluva thumper 250. Thats my "single" story. oh and post more pics.

How about these? The flamed bobber is a '78 Yamaha XT 500 engine in a home-grown hard-tail frame with a '68 Honda CL250 steering head and front end. It had a suicide clutch and jockey shift, and me and a friend built the whole thing in 6 nights, including a couple of all-nighters.

The trike is a 1979 Honda XL 250 engine in a frame that started life as a 1982 XL250 but had already been chopped up when I got it. The front wheel is a 1979-1981 Honda XL250 23", the rear end is some unknown Honda three-wheeler unit. It also has a hand-shifter, but I mounted the clutch lever on the shifter rather than making up all the looooong linkages for a foot clutch.

Attachments

• finished resized.jpg
    finished resized.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Wes's trike reborn.jpg
    Wes's trike reborn.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 107
Cool stuff.
I raced Suzuki 500 Quadracers for a few years and have thought what a street bike with that engine would be like but even a thrashed one of those is pretty $$$, if you can even find one.

Thumpers are go.

BSA M20 I saw last week.

Attachments

• M20a.jpg
    M20a.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 6
  • M20b.jpg
    M20b.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 8
  • M20c.jpg
    M20c.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 14