1949 Ford bobber build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electrical / Wiring coming along

I bought a wiring harness SpeedWay a couple years ago. That is what is going in. 20 circuit. Over kill! Well made product. You can see I did a foil on the firewall. Currently there is a mix of old wire and new. All the old stuff will be removed / replaced. Hella lenses and H4 bulbs for looking forward.

Attachments

• IMG_2788.jpg
    IMG_2788.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2790.jpg
    IMG_2790.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2791.jpg
    IMG_2791.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2763.jpg
    IMG_2763.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 39
Good to see you, gold!

I'm curious... why would you insulate the outside of the firewall instead of the inside? The term "counterintuitive" comes to mind... no criticism or offense intended, just wondering why? [S

Good to see you, gold!

I'm curious... why would you insulate the outside of the firewall instead of the inside? The term "counterintuitive" comes to mind... no criticism or offense intended, just wondering why? [S

LOL. Several lame reasons. Just looking for something a little different. Did not want to do any more welding and painting. Seems foil should face the heat source. I also don't like the idea of the butyl inside the cab in the event of a fire.

Gotta get to driving this thing ASAP!

Just checking in.

Have been driving the 49 a bit. just around local. I am in the process of putting together a parts list to do a transmission change. Going to use the Ford AOD. Speedway makes a conversion kit. bought a Lokar shifter and brake lever arm. Have been using the original park brake but now have to take advantage of the park brakes in the Ford rear end I used from a sport trac. Lokar cables for that. Not sure if I will need to modify the floor pan or fire wall but will see.

Wow. It’s the ghost of Christmas Past.😜
Great to hear from you. gold.
Don’t be a stranger and post some pics of the transmission change over.
Torchie

Current set up is the flathead Ford and 49 Transmission from the original F-6. Kinda grindy. Not synchronized. Keeping the flathead.:)

Will work on some pictures.

Way to many hobbies and other interests but I keep plugging at this one.

copper plating the chrome bits

So As you may remember I was copper plating the chrome on my 49. Last attempt I was struggling to get some stuff plated. The door handles and some of the non stainless steel would not take copper. I changed up my operation, made it big enough to fit the grill and hood side pieces and it seems[P that the pieces that would not take copper last time are taking a little..... slowly but seemingly taking it. The hood latch handle is taking copper as I post this. Very weird. Simple chemical substitution seems to have made it work. I am kind afraid to post this because the [ddd is in the ... bragging sometimes.

Attachments

• 62812314648__997C36E0-E5E5-4E6F-BC95-B5DCBAC7FF81.jpg
    62812314648__997C36E0-E5E5-4E6F-BC95-B5DCBAC7FF81.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3318.jpg
    IMG_3318.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back