Steering box question...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodron

Drives the Batmobile... er... Ratmobile!
I know this is the "Frame/Suspension/Brake" section, but I didn't know where to post a steering question so I guessed this would work. Anyway, I am collecting parts for a winter "T" project and have an opportunity to get an S-10 steering box for free if I take it off. Now, I have used these in the past in race cars and derby cars, but I noticed a lot of people here have opted to go with a toyota steering box. I am wondering if there is an advantage to the toyota unit as opposed to the S10. Would a Toyota steering box be a better choice? Is there any down side to using the S10 steering box? Again, its free, so that is an obvious advantage for me. The truck is being scrapped and I was told I could have anything off of it that I want before it goes. Any feedback would really help. Thanks

Any free parts are good parts , even if you don`t use it you can trade it for other parts you might need , I don`t have any experience w/the s-10 box or the toyota box so I can`t help you there , I would ask Lakota , he has worked with the s-10 stuff before and could probably answer your question......24

Any free parts are good parts , even if you don`t use it you can trade it for other parts you might need , I don`t have any experience w/the s-10 box or the toyota box so I can`t help you there , I would ask Lakota , he has worked with the s-10 stuff before and could probably answer your question......24

My thoughts exactly!:D

when it comes to steering boxes free isn't always the best answer. the best box i have found for a t bucket frame even better than the corvair by leaps and bounds is an early 60-70s vw micro bus. it is a bolt on to the rectangular rails and it moves up and down so you can put it where you want, you can move it back and forth to mount so you can get the wheel exactly where you want it. and steering wheel adapters are available

s-10 box

i also have the opportunity to get an s-10 box right now for $50. i'm going to be running a 327 in a 2x4 frame with suicide suspension in the front. should i jump on this? it's already out of the truck.

Latest posts

Back