We need to talk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well.. let me say I love this site and the members on it..and i hope i dont anger Tripper... but I often think it would be great to re-brand the site.. because the rat rod term is associated with builds of that quality.....

well.. let me say I love this site and the members on it..and i hope i dont anger Tripper... but I often think it would be great to re-brand the site.. because the rat rod term is associated with builds of that quality.....

I don't refer to mine as a rat for just that reason.
I don't want to be lumped together with the garbage scow, clown cars.

I don't refer to mine as a rat for just that reason.
I don't want to be lumped together with the garbage scow, clown cars.

I prefer to call them crap rods. Cause they are made out of crap and look like crap.

Just dropped by to give thank yous to the attitude expressed here.

This is Steve from IC, the guy who fixed that sketchy ride. I am impressed that you do get what the whole point of the blog post I wrote was all about.

Don't know if I will post much here, rat rods aren't really my thing. I am a fabricator first and formost, my focus is probably a bit different than yours. But I am in no way trying to convince you guys to do other than your best. And to do it safely.

[cl

Again, thank you guys.

Just dropped by to give thank yous to the attitude expressed here.

This is Steve from IC, the guy who fixed that sketchy ride. I am impressed that you do get what the whole point of the blog post I wrote was all about.

Don't know if I will post much here, rat rods aren't really my thing. I am a fabricator first and formost, my focus is probably a bit different than yours. But I am in no way trying to convince you guys to do other than your best. And to do it safely.

[cl

Again, thank you guys.

Steve,
Thanks for putting in your two cents!
It appears you do some solid work, and us Rodders could really use a guy with your tallent as an advocate for good, safe builds!

It seems the build fell off. Did it ever get finished? Did the owner loose interest? I wouldn't be surprised if he did. That was quite a project. Would have been easier to start fresh with a car that hadn't been touched before.

Again, thanks for stopping by! You might want to take a few to look around here. This forums is a bit different then most. AWESOME group of guys here as you can tell.
Have a good one!

builds

ELpolacko ya, please hang around and put the rides you build on a thread.

we are very open minded to everykind of rod here, look around and you will see everything from high end looking stuff to things like my junk.

we'ed be glad to have ya.:D:D

l am sure the forum would even be able to learn a thing or two from your'e skills in this area.

Later :cool:

I will definitely have a look.

I have been a HAMB member from the beginning. Just a bit disenfranchised with the direction, however I have made a couple hundred friends there that I still want to talk to.

The car never got finished. The owner and I had a strong disagreement about the direction of the car and of course how much the whole thing cost. Mr Funk wanted to do a finished/painted car out of the Hudson body but was unwilling to pay me a fair price to do the work. The body had some very serious structural issues that needed attending to before a nice paint job would go on. If he wanted to keep it ratty, then the project would most likely be done by now.

He and I discussed what he should do, the Model A coupe body came up rather cheap and it went on.

There comes a point in a project that I will lose interest, he crossed that point. Just like you guys I'm sure, I am an artist. When someone starts to micromanage my art, meh... passion is gone and time to move on.

PLEASE don't think I am spamming your forum, I'm not trying to sell anything. But feel free to check out my website. There is a link there that will take you to my Photobucket account where there are a few thousand pictures of projects I have done. Including the final pictures of the car in question before it left my shop.

Steve

Thanks for stopping in Steve.

If you hang out for awhile you'll probably decide to hang out awhile. You might even be surprised of how many of the hamb members sneak over to take a look lol. Besides who ever said you couldn't hang out at both sites?:D

Eric

hope you will stick around.. i was very impressed with your work!

You might even be surprised of how many of the hamb members sneak over to take a look lol. Besides who ever said you couldn't hang out at both sites?:D

Eric

Yeah I think alot of guys are members of both. If they are like me, they don't post much over there for various reasons, but like to look around.

I will definitely have a look.

I have been a HAMB member from the beginning. Just a bit disenfranchised with the direction, however I have made a couple hundred friends there that I still want to talk to.

The car never got finished. The owner and I had a strong disagreement about the direction of the car and of course how much the whole thing cost. Mr Funk wanted to do a finished/painted car out of the Hudson body but was unwilling to pay me a fair price to do the work. The body had some very serious structural issues that needed attending to before a nice paint job would go on. If he wanted to keep it ratty, then the project would most likely be done by now.

He and I discussed what he should do, the Model A coupe body came up rather cheap and it went on.

There comes a point in a project that I will lose interest, he crossed that point. Just like you guys I'm sure, I am an artist. When someone starts to micromanage my art, meh... passion is gone and time to move on.

PLEASE don't think I am spamming your forum, I'm not trying to sell anything. But feel free to check out my website. There is a link there that will take you to my Photobucket account where there are a few thousand pictures of projects I have done. Including the final pictures of the car in question before it left my shop.

Steve

That's a bummer. The car had a bright future in your hands. That's the tough thing for building for other people. I've modified a few bikes for friends, and the ones that know me well just let me do my thing. They give me an idea of how they want it to look, but overall, they just let me go to town.
I think they enjoy being surprised by the little things that appear.
Your knowledge is vast, and could be very useful for us here.
I love the website! Your work is beautiful and is right up there with a few members here!
I'll be following you on Facebook!

P.S. The Metro Teuck build is absolutely beautuful!!!!
I'm envious!

Last edited:
Yeah, several of us are on the HAMB as well as here. We love all kinds here, and set no restrictions other than safety. We all try to be civil and agree to disagree sometimes, but above all, we try to be friendly and have a good time![cl Stick around, I know I can always learn from somebody with talents like you!

Hey Everyone

I clicked on the link and some of the stuff I wasnt sure what I was even looking at but I read it thru to the end.....he really tore into it...it looks a lot better too...the guy really knows his stuff for sure

Well I am gonna stick with a S10/Ranger/Dakota frame swap for sure....all the engineering is already there...all I need to do is hang a body on it and then figure out where the motor needs to sit to get everything to look right..oh yeah put fenders on it to hide the coil springs too...(in the end the thing will ride good and hopefully look pretty cool too)..

I dont wanna sound stupid but I am really good at replacing parts...not good at all of trying to figure out angles and pivot points and all the stuff...air bags scare me to death...

I have the up-most respect for you guys that can create these Ratrods from scratch....

I have been following Tommy Ring and his $1500.00 rat rod build and I am in total awe of what he does with scrap metal...

Thanks for bringing this up.....

MikeC

I believe sometimes that in the quest to be different or personal people forget some of the fundamentals of safety.
I commend you ELpolacko for even accepting this project, I for one hate working on anything behind somebody that takes short cuts or just lack of knowledge.

Latest posts

Back