PO'd

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-R-POPS

''Rusty Mopar Slacker''
I placed an order with RPM Machine on 5/11/2016 for a 408 stroker kit for a 5.9 magnum dodge engine. Made payment in full like a dumb a$$. It has been over 2 months and I still haven't gotten said kit.

You call their phone # and you get a dang answering machine that tells you to leave your # and a message and they will call you back. It doesn't happen.

You email them and you get "I'll put in a inquiry with the shop and get back to you". That doesn't happen either.

BBB gives them a C- rating. Should have checked that before I ordered.

I hate being jacked around like this.

Any one close to Cedar Valley Utah know anything about these jokers?

Did you pay with a credit card?

If so, call your bank or whomever provided the card. Tell them you've received nothing for your "purchase"... commonly known as FRAUD, your credit card should provide protection and reverse the charges.

If not, vigilante justice seems appropriate...

Did you pay with a credit card?

If so, call your bank or whomever provided the card. Tell them you've received nothing for your "purchase"... commonly known as FRAUD, your credit card should provide protection and reverse the charges.

If not, vigilante justice seems appropriate...

I used a debit card. I'm going to check with the bank and see if there is any thing I can do along those lines. 2 months and still no parts is a whole lot of BS.

I've just got the feeling the guy is just running a mail order drop ship business.

It's only a 9 hour drive so a road trip isn't out of the question. The only problem is he might just try to whip this old guys butt and I'd go to prison for shooting and killing him.

Not sure, but I think the same protections apply. The only real difference is that the Debit card instantly take the money from your account and you have to wait for it to be put back in, in the case of fraud.

I know economics is a big factor but dealing with a local machine shop does eliminate some of those frustrations.
I'm on the fence right now whether to order injectors for my 7.3 powerstroke online or pay double to a local diesel shop.

How did you make out with this Pops

I turned it over to the card services people to file a dispute of the charges.
A lot of paper work and they can't tell me how long it will take. So I'm just at their mercy right now. If I had another $2k to spare I would order another stroker kit and cam from someone else.

I'm still trying to get this all straightened out before my bride gets wind of it. What she doesn't know won't hurt me!!!

I know economics is a big factor but dealing with a local machine shop does eliminate some of those frustrations.
I'm on the fence right now whether to order injectors for my 7.3 powerstroke online or pay double to a local diesel shop.

I hear you. I would have been money and time ahead if I had just let my friendly local shop supply the stroker kit instead of trying to save that $480.
This is the first time I've had this kind of problem with online sales. Still gets my blood to boiling tho.

Latest posts

Back