Might of found a home ?? Newbie from Wa. State

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Me Be Mr. B

Hi folks !!

Well, here is some background on us, married 23 years :), no kids, love animals, love toys !!!

I left the Hot rodding seen for some years as I got burned out on the money is tops thing and went to my roots, VW buggies (Manx Type) for the last several years.

Never "really" left the love of hot rods and infact always had something around here to play with when we got the bug... :D

My wife fell in love with an American Austin/Bantam some years ago at a car show and went to talk to the fella about it, he sarcasticly told her she would never find one.

The next day we hauled this home....

001-1.jpg

Well, that was several builds and some bought Hot Rods ago and I have not built it :rolleyes:

I have been collecting parts and am moving at snails pace, and threatening to build it :eek:

I have been off and on over the last year or so looking for some folks to visit with online and have joined and lurked at a couple different forums only to find I don't "really" fit in there. I started lurking here a few weeks ago on accident when I googled something about NW Hot Rods and saw this on the google page.

Seems as though I might have found a place to hang out sometimes, I like the "tone" of the site VERY MUCH, as what type of Hot Rods you like does not seem to dictate how you are treated [cl

We like most everything people lay their hands on themselves !! But still respect all forms of automotive toys !!

This is a build the wife and I did everything on EXCEPT the interior....Unlike some on here (and yes I have looked at every page of members rides) I usually have to sell one to move to another:cool: It's ok, this Model A bought my wife the only "new" car we have ever bought, 05 Scion XB, yes she fell in love with those when they came out and gave me the "cute look" so I told her we sell the "A" as I want no payments !!

CopyofMVC-001S.jpg

But I have always liked primered, unpainted, whatevers allot as you don't have to have a heart attack at every rock chip :) Quite frankly as most people I know didn't care for "Rats"...We loved them !!!

Anyway, as you will find out if I hang around here enough, I am very wordy and mostly boring.... :eek:

So, I would say Hello to all from Darren N LeAnn and I really appreciate the people on here's (does not sound right..oh well !) positive attitude and VERY COOL RIDES !!!

Happy Rodding

Welcome to you both. The people on here are great, it won't take long to feel like you have know them for a long time. Post lots, tell us your thoughts, and we like pictures!!:)

Welcome to RRR. That was a very nice A you build, and I hope you get working on that Bantam soon and show us you progress,cause we like to look at lots of pictures. and its OK to talk lots, makes up for all the members that dont post much,LOL. :)

welcome to the RRR! i think you've found the right place......

lotsa nice people and some really cool "outside the box" thinking around here
whether its' the "we like all kinda rides" mentality or the motto "be nice, it's not that hard" there's certainly no place any nicer on the 'net to be than the Rat Rods Rule site

very nice model a you had, but i'm really concerned that you let your wife sell it for a scion.....:eek:
but we've all been there;):D:D

Thanks Guy's

That is what I mean, you guy's all seem so cool !! and yes I did read the "motto" while lurking and liked it very much !!

Preacher.....with the list of cars and things she has never complained about me wanting to do......the Scion is the least I could do for her... :D:D:D I am sure you know what I mean ;)

One thing I think people who do not know about this site are missing is the AMAZING amount of GREAT pics !!!

I see this site growing big time in the future if the leaders can keep it under control and the posters are as cool as they are now !!!

Here is when the Bantam body came in from the back yard area to the shop.

MVC-004S-2.jpg

MVC-009S.jpg

The door gaps got set and the doors welded shut, then I needed the shop back and it left :(

PICT0212.jpg

I have since brought it back to the front shop, if I get amoving on it I will move the pics and build over to a build thread.

Thanks Guys and Gals

Hi,

Thanks again folks !!

I do have some pics of some past cars we have built or owned, I will upload some tomorrow as I have to leave in a bit to go to the "wet" side of our state. :rolleyes:

Thanks again

Mr.B

Latest posts

Back