1937 chevy truck 3/4 ton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking really good J. The cab corners look great, nobody will ever know if they look original or not! The firewall looks really good too, although I see what you mean about the wiring hole being a bit high. Thanks for keeping us up to date with your progress.

https://flic.kr/p/2epugqn

The 4 link has been mounted and it’s hung by some cables right now

I have lower bag mounts in the mail

I still need to figure what shocks and mounts to go with
But I need to get the 3rd member together and wheels on to figure out shocks

3rd member housing is on back order from SpeedwayMotors,

Just slide the axles in the housing, use a piece of tubing/pipe about a foot long over the ends of the axles and bolt the wheels and tires on. No need for the third member to be in it. [P[P[P

Untitled by joa kwin, on Flickr

not sure why it didn't link right

today I got the left side of the frame cut out for the bag
and dehumped the lca and got the hub changed over to the 2 inch drop spindle and got the arm painted

and im getting ready to start putting it back together

I would like to be able to test the air bags out tomorrow or Wednesday

Just slide the axles in the housing, use a piece of tubing/pipe about a foot long over the ends of the axles and bolt the wheels and tires on. No need for the third member to be in it. [P[P[P

I still need to get some rims and tires for the back to use for mock up

Oh OK :D
[P[P[P

I ordered two more rims from summit racing, and ordered a trans mounted shifter for the 4l80e

still need to find two tires, I dont really want to buy brand new tires to use on mock up rims

the front two tires were used tires and I paid $60 for them mounted and balanced,
the rims where free

my rear axle bag brackets finally shipped, ordered them over a week ago,
and they upgraded the shipping to 2 day because they took forever to get the box together

the front suspension moves via garage air compressor and manual ball valve,

my lower bag cups are moving around, so before I post a video, im going to fix that, so probably video tomorrow

Untitled by joa kwin, on Flickr

front suspension video, click on the video for it to play

reason for the 3 inch block of wood is for the running boards, they sit 5 inches under the cab, I have to make some blocks to keep the frame from sitting to low, as it is, this will lay running boards flat on the ground

I cancelled my order form speedway motors for the ford 9 inch 3rd member,

the housing was on back order till the beg of may, and now the bearings are on back order till the end of the month, im like "F" that, I ordered from southwest speed, they have it in stock and it ships out today

ive ordered a lot of stuff from southwest speed over the years, so I know the diff will be good, plus im going to check it out and make sure when it gets here

so now I just need to get diff oil and nuts to bolt in the 3rd member,
some fine thread 3/8's nylon lock nuts and washers

and tires for the rear

im not worried about rear brakes just yet, im not sure what im going to do for them as of this point

up front I have stock gm z06 6 piston calipers and 14 inch rotors
and the back????? no idea I want to find a caliper that has a cable park brake built into it, the idea of the caddy caliper has crossed my mind but Im not sure it those will look good with huge brakes upfront

and the stock z06 rear calipers are a disc/drum set up that I dont like

I found a guy that makes the brackets but they are $90 shipped

I found another guy that made his own

he said he started with a 1/2 inch thick plate and machined it down to 12mm

for what it is, im kind of thinking of just buying the brackets to get it over with

because I was thinking about making mock up brackets out of wood
and then transfer the design to metal

but thats going to take a lot of time, so im at the point, time vs money

Latest posts

Back