28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work on the cross member.

Now its got me to thinking. (DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!) Anyway, if a lad was to build an engine cross member like yours, with the engine mounts attached to the removable part, and do the transmission cross member the same way, then he could attach the two cross members to each other, he could drop the pair right out the bottom. If he had a lift like yours, that is. Figure out how to add casters to the drop-out section, and ... I'm starting to see a few down-sides, but it could be done. I like little brain exercises like this. Thanks!

Nice work on the cross member.

Now its got me to thinking. (DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!) Anyway, if a lad was to build an engine cross member like yours, with the engine mounts attached to the removable part, and do the transmission cross member the same way, then he could attach the two cross members to each other, he could drop the pair right out the bottom. If he had a lift like yours, that is. Figure out how to add casters to the drop-out section, and ... I'm starting to see a few down-sides, but it could be done. I like little brain exercises like this. Thanks!

A guy could use one of those 1000lb ATV Jack's. 🤔🤔

I like the bolt in section. Started to do mine that way, but figured since the trans cross member is fixed in my car, the unit has to come out together anyway, so no use in it.

I like the bolt in section. Started to do mine that way, but figured since the trans cross member is fixed in my car, the unit has to come out together anyway, so no use in it.

I wound up making a removable crossmember for my Hennway - after it was completed - to drop the oil pan to change the rear main seal. Good forward thinking!

Thanks Guys

This morning I finished up the last of the fabrication work on the interior, other than the rear shock mounts there will be no more fab work. Strip the whole thing down and do the final welding then reassemble.
I used coreplast for the headliner backing, it will get vinyl glued the it when the time comes. I had to form an aluminum bubble to cover the sun roof motor. To do that I made a buck in a piece of heavy wood then beat on it for a long time. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Interior is done 001.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Resize of Interior is done 002.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 002.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Resize of Interior is done 003.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 003.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Resize of Interior is done 004.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 004.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Resize of Interior is done 005.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 005.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Resize of Interior is done 006.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 006.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Resize of Interior is done 007.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 007.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Resize of Interior is done 013.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 013.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 28
You constantly inspire us with your 'thinking outside the box', Dozer. The bubble is so cool.
I had to cover my wiper motor too, but it was sticking out a little bit more. It worked out that the glove box of my donor Ranger pickup was just the right size to cover it.

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpg
    IMG_1518.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1525.jpg
    IMG_1525.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 21
Nice bubble. It fits right in with the rest of the decor. [cl

Thank Skip

You constantly inspire us with your 'thinking outside the box', Dozer. The bubble is so cool.
I had to cover my wiper motor too, but it was sticking out a little bit more. It worked out that the glove box of my donor Ranger pickup was just the right size to cover it.

Thanks MM, that glove box door was meant to be there.

Now that all the fab work is done I pulled the car out blew all the dust off and took some pictures and video in a setting other than the shop. Too say I'm anxious to drive it is an understatement.

Here's the link to the video. https://youtu.be/edTe_LOpC7g

From these

attachment.php

To This

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Interior is done 015.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 015.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Resize of Interior is done 014.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 014.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Resize of Interior is done 012.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 012.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Resize of Interior is done 011.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 011.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Resize of Interior is done 010.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 010.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Resize of Interior is done 009.jpg
    Resize of Interior is done 009.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 35
Really, the only thing I would change is the engine color and a six pack added.... :D

I love all sides from any angle :cool::cool::cool:

Thanks Dutch I appreciate it . When I pull the motor for the cam an intake I plan on painting it the original Hemi orange, I'm thinking I'm gonna powder coat the wheels the same color with chrome 8" caps.

Latest posts

Back