R.s.c. Build off car!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bob, only wasted a little tubing hahahaha. Now the hard part, duplicating it on the drivers side hahahaha

Thanks Bob, only wasted a little tubing hahahaha. Now the hard part, duplicating it on the drivers side hahahaha

Bending tubes always creates some scrap, no matter how smart you are. (That's a compliment, believe it or don't.) One of my good friends has been building cages and headers for 35 years. His scrap bin doesn't fill as quick as it once did, but it still fills!

Bending tubes always creates some scrap, no matter how smart you are. (That's a compliment, believe it or don't.) One of my good friends has been building cages and headers for 35 years. His scrap bin doesn't fill as quick as it once did, but it still fills!

I don't consider it scrap cause, I use it for short piece in between rails :rolleyes:
Roll cage is lookin great [cl
[P[P[P

Thanks guys, really a good safety measure. Like i said the car isnt really fast enough to require one by nhra rules. But as you guys know these cars dont have much in the way of body structure!

Mote tube kinking![;)

Attachments

• 0723202114_HDR.jpg
    0723202114_HDR.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 0723202114a_HDR.jpg
    0723202114a_HDR.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 0723202118_HDR.jpg
    0723202118_HDR.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 18
Thanks guys. Send the gremlin my way!!

We got a little bit done on the car today. I got the back hoop and cross bracing all welded it up. I built my brackets that bolt to the frame in the back oh, and we got the front Hoops cut and fitted 100%. Then I tacked those in place. Also got the back brakes on

Attachments

• 0724201031_HDR.jpg
    0724201031_HDR.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 0724201031b_HDR.jpg
    0724201031b_HDR.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 0724201031c_HDR.jpg
    0724201031c_HDR.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 24
Multi-talented and highly energetic. Your videos are constantly improving. And the coupe is looking great. Are you sure you are not over budget with it? :D I know, labor doesn't count. but if it did... [cl

Multi-talented and highly energetic. Your videos are constantly improving. And the coupe is looking great. Are you sure you are not over budget with it? :D I know, labor doesn't count. but if it did... [cl

hahahahaha, thanks skip!! I'm trying on all fronts hahaha.
we still have some funds in the budget for a small disco ball and a evergreen tree air freshener!![cl

Man I need to get me a plasma table! I help hey buddy been some brake lines and put some flares them and he cut out a bunch of special made tabs for me. As we speak I am designing my tank bracket for our little aluminum tank on the front of the car

Attachments

• 0729202037_HDR.jpg
    0729202037_HDR.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 23
"Man I need to get me a plasma table!"
It'll make your building life so much better, you'll wonder how you ever got by without one.

Yeah, I bet. just biting the bullet and spending the money !

I've got one and it isn't cnc. I cut patterns out of masonite 3/16 smaller than the part and and just cut with the tip against it. You can cut against most anything for a pattern, bent wire, straight edge, etc.So fast and clean. Money well spent.

What have I done!?

So we have purchased our 10 inch wide slot mag Wheels last year at the end of the drag racing season. They had some pretty good build up on them and I don't think they had ever been polished. So I did something I'm not sure you're supposed to do on a rat rod oh, but I actually machine polish one of them last night. I got pretty good still have some pretty deep in Perfections in it but I'm not going to worry about that

https://youtu.be/ABvXnLMclnA

Attachments

• 0730202358_HDR.jpg
    0730202358_HDR.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back