28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would look good in black with the orange engine. Wouldn't even have to be shiny, the satin like Don used on his roaster pickup would be just right.[cl

Beautiful in all ways [cl
What are you waiting for to drive it [S

Thanks Soltz, if I was to drive it the way it is I couldn't start it, stop it and at the first bump there would be a huge pile of parts as the entire frame assembly is only tacked together. :eek:

Would look good in black with the orange engine. Wouldn't even have to be shiny, the satin like Don used on his roaster pickup would be just right.[cl

Thanks Bama, but there won't be any paint on this body, it's way over rated.

Have been poking away at stuff that needs doing. My mufflers finally arrived so I got started on the exhaust. The exhaust pipes are a slip fit onto the down tube from the header and clamped with band clamps(makes disassembly easy) Then they are flange bolted to the mufflers. The tail pipes are going to be a real tight fit. But once again I'm waiting for parts, I ordered 4x90 degree aluminized elbows and all my hangers from Lyles Exhaust in Hamilton On. 10 days ago. Called them to see where they are and they said they are ready to go waiting for curbside pickup, I said to her do you really think I'm going to drive from the west side of Saskatchewan to Hamilton to pick up 4 pieces of pipe, don't you read your orders!!! So now the exhaust is at a stand still, which puts pulling the motor to work on it on hold.
So I spent a couple hours this afternoon building a mount for the sun roof switch in the windshield header.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Exhaust 001.jpg
    Resize of Exhaust 001.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Resize of Exhaust 002.jpg
    Resize of Exhaust 002.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Resize of Exhaust 003.jpg
    Resize of Exhaust 003.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Resize of Exhaust 004.jpg
    Resize of Exhaust 004.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Resize of Exhaust 006.jpg
    Resize of Exhaust 006.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Resize of Exhaust 008.jpg
    Resize of Exhaust 008.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 39
  • Resize of Exhaust 007.jpg
    Resize of Exhaust 007.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Resize of Exhaust 010.jpg
    Resize of Exhaust 010.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Resize of Exhaust 011.jpg
    Resize of Exhaust 011.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 39
  • Resize of Exhaust 012.jpg
    Resize of Exhaust 012.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 39
Called them to see where they are and they said they are ready to go waiting for curbside pickup, I said to her do you really think I'm going to drive from the west side of Saskatchewan to Hamilton to pick up 4 pieces of pipe, don't you read your orders!!!

That made me laugh. :D [cl

It's only 1800 miles ONE WAY. :rolleyes: You could drive to Hongcouver and back in less time!

Looking great Glen. That's too bad about the order mixup. I've never heard of Lyle's, and I'm just south of Hamilton. Are they good to deal with?

That made me laugh. :D [cl

It's only 1800 miles ONE WAY. :rolleyes: You could drive to Hongcouver and back in less time!

Me to a little :D:rolleyes:

Looking great Glen. That's too bad about the order mixup. I've never heard of Lyle's, and I'm just south of Hamilton. Are they good to deal with?

Sorry they are in Burlington not Hamilton but they are pretty close together. They are the only supplier of mandrel bends and specialty exhaust products that come up on a google search in Canada. Prices are good, other than the mix up they are easy to deal with and we will see how their product is soon. A 2.5"aluminized 90 elbow on Amazon is $39. Lyell's is $23. Steel rod hanger with bolt on rubber isolator is $10. Amazon $2.43 at Lyell's. They also sell stainless tubing and bends

I used the long wait for the exhaust elbow, to do a deep clean on the shop. I think it is the first time since I built it that I cleaned every corner, shelf, and and vacuumed the walls, man it's nice to work in a clean shop.

Exhaust is complete other than two hangers that I have to install once the body is off.

And the video. :D https://youtu.be/rBlkbyVvNgE

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of exhaust 003.jpg
    Resize of exhaust 003.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Resize of exhaust 004.jpg
    Resize of exhaust 004.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Resize of exhaust 005.jpg
    Resize of exhaust 005.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 50
if they argue that 2 degrees isnt a big deal tell them to push a car up a 2 degree grade, they will quit in a minute. :D

nice work as usual! great video too, really more detailed than a post.

if they argue that 2 degrees isnt a big deal tell them to push a car up a 2 degree grade, they will quit in a minute. :D

nice work as usual! great video too, really more detailed than a post.

Thanks Joe, Isn't the the truth, i will be having another chat with them on Tuesday.

Very nice attention to detail as usual Dozer, shop looks great too [cl[cl

[P[P

Thanks FBP, it's so nice to work in a clean shop.

If I didn't already know, I'd say you've done this before. :D

A couple times ;);)

Looks great Dozer.😎
Did some cleaning in my shop as well but not as deeply as you.
And then I turned around and made some more sawdust🙀
Torchie

Attachments

• 443305B1-0F6A-4CE1-8B2D-94779F08FD4F.jpg
    443305B1-0F6A-4CE1-8B2D-94779F08FD4F.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back