My Wrecker Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spdracer7326

This is going to be my winter project... if I can find a place to work on it. There are come cosmetic and comfort modifications that I plan to make before i get out on the road with it. Its rough around the edges but I will definitely have fun with my first Rat.

1950 Chevy sitting on 1970 Chevy Chassis, 1936 Chevy front fenders, 1930's Ford Grill, 9" Ford Rear end, 327 motor & 1950 Holmes Wrecker body

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• rat1 (623x640).jpg
    rat1 (623x640).jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 135
  • rat2 (640x480).jpg
    rat2 (640x480).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 176
  • rat3 (480x640).jpg
    rat3 (480x640).jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 128
  • rat4 (480x640).jpg
    rat4 (480x640).jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 106
  • rat5 (640x480).jpg
    rat5 (640x480).jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 117
  • rat6 (640x480).jpg
    rat6 (640x480).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 116
  • rat7 (480x640).jpg
    rat7 (480x640).jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 94
  • rat8 (640x480).jpg
    rat8 (640x480).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 96
I definitely don't have the expertise to Z the frame but the previous owner definitely did an extreme channel job on the cab.
I will be making modifications to make it more comfortable but I am not entirely too sure how/what I am going to do to fix the limited space in the cab. I may pull the body off and give myself a few more inches inside but I have to take a closer look.

Its different and that was why I liked it so much.

I also plan to bring the grill out in front of that chassis support, bring the lights out in front with it, put a bench seat in for comfort. Relocate the brake pedal and the shifter. Those should all be minor modifications... lol

Welcome to the site
WOW
I'm only 5'9" and there's no chance I could fit in that one.
Unchanneling is a way to go.

Welcome to the site
WOW
I'm only 5'9" and there's no chance I could fit in that one.
Unchanneling is a way to go.

I am 5'11" and I have to use 2 feet for brake and gas to move it around the driveway. My left knee rests on the dash. It is definitely uncomfortable.
I figure with the right help, I can gain a few inches in the cab and not lose that lower profile look. I will see what I can do once I get the cab off of the chassis...

Its a starting point and by no means will I be keeping it as is...

cut in half and add a quarter window for the extended cab look. you can move the "wrecker" portion back enough to gain a few inches that are definitely needed.

Welcome to the site from Northern Michigan.
Interesting build. We will all be watching to see what you do with it.[P [P [P
Thanks goodness they didn't chop it as well..:eek::eek::eek:
Torchie.

I may have to put this on the chopping block 1 month after buying this beauty. It may be up for sale sooner rather than later b/c I am getting re-located overseas for a few years...

Ah dang! Sorry if you are unable to keep this little beauty. Looks like the body could definitely come up a little and give you more floor/leg/torso room. Not sure I like the front end, but that's just me. (You know what they say about opinions) I think a Chevy front end from a similar vintage truck would be better, if only the grille and fenders or partial fenders(?). Wish it was in my back yard! :D

Ah dang! Sorry if you are unable to keep this little beauty. Looks like the body could definitely come up a little and give you more floor/leg/torso room. Not sure I like the front end, but that's just me. (You know what they say about opinions) I think a Chevy front end from a similar vintage truck would be better, if only the grille and fenders or partial fenders(?). Wish it was in my back yard! :D

Yeah, the plan was to bring the grill out in front of that frame support and angle it a bit, I also found a hood ornament that I wanted to attempt to incorporate. I want to give it a Rat/Semi truck look... maybe add clearance lights up top and throw on some spike lug nuts. I want it to be different! I am looking to find a way to keep it while I out of the country for the next 2-5 years!

Latest posts

Back