New Guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTS Rob

How's it going everyone. New guy in Broward County FL. Anyone from South FL in here? I've been trying to see if there are any groups in my area, but haven't found anyone yet. My ride is a 48 Chevy 3100 on a 92 S10 Chassis. It has a Small Block 350 with a Comp Cam.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 29
How's it going everyone. New guy in Broward County FL. Anyone from South FL in here? I've been trying to see if there are any groups in my area, but haven't found anyone yet. My ride is a 48 Chevy 3100 on a 92 S10 Chassis. It has a Small Block 350 with a Comp Cam.

Looks like you lowered that truck RTS , how did you go about it ? I may have an extra set of headlight rings laying around ...
Oldog

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

The truck was basically thrown together with duct tape, zip ties, and essentially shear luck. As I recieved it, it was already on the S10 chassis but needed to be completely reworked as the the cab and bed were bolstered with wood 4x4s and such. As I went through the engine, the cap and rotor were totally clapped. The plug wires were mismatched and several were insulated with a fine variety of electrical tapes. As you're reading this, you're probably thinking "that's rediculous!". Well it gets better kids. Every spark plug was finger tight in the block, fouled, and my personal favorite... The plug in cyclinder 7 had NO gap! After replacing these items along with a lube oil and filter, the motor was running strong, but the truck still runs like a dog. Turns out the rear is the original 7.5" S10 unit with 2.75 gears, Way too low for the 700r4. Right now I'm torn between putting money into performance or the body. I'm thinking the most effective option is to swap the entire rear end with a disc brake unit. As for the motor, the Thumpr Cam sucks! It makes a nice noise, but is killing power. On the body side, the cowls are shot, and I'm assuming the hinges are too. I can get patch panels for the doors, but the pass. Side is dented anyway and it might be easier to just replace them. The tailgate is bolted in place as the hinge locations are rotted out. I really like the rat rod look, but I'd like everything to be functional... I'd like the doors and hood to operate smoothly. On the up side, the serpentine belt setup has an AC compressor, so I've been told I could have AC working for about $500. Anyway, that's the story with the truck. I've got an appt. to possibly pick up a set of fiberglass fenders on the cheap this weekend. It would be really cool to have other like minded people in my area to hang and work with. Thanks again to everyone, Rob.

Truck as I recieved it.

This is what the truck looked like when I got it. This is prior to Scotchbriting with CLR and rubbing out with linseed oil.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 15
The interior looked very high end as well.

There's a leather seat, black carpet, door panels, and a new steering wheel in there now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 9
Stained the raw wood in the bed.

Also got rid of the crappy fuel cell and replaced with a new cyclinder tank. I think this is temporary though. I want a tank under the bed with a sender and gauge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back