Chevy/Reo?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the spring I'll try a larger bore master cylinder and fix a few other problems. Winter's coming, time to finish the Rover and build a frame for the Renault.

Oh wow Bob, the REO looks awesome!
Looking forward to the rest of the Rover build.........and dang, I had forgotten about the Renault :eek: Never a dull moment at your house is there! :cool:

[P[P[P

I am constantly amazed at the skill and craftsmanship that shows up on this website, and here is yet another example. Awe inspiring, and simply AWESOME !! :)

Thankyou for all the positive comments guys. It means a lot to me. I'm pretty happy with the overall look of the thing.

Beautiful fall day here. The fall colors are soon to fade. Even this maple will be just bare branches and snow will cover the frozen earth. Today was a good one for a spin around the neighborhood and a photo opportunity under the big maple.

Bob, for some reason the site stopped sending me notices on the builds I was following and then started again after all my posts this weekend. At any rate I was about a year behind. Great to see the REO on the road. I really like the louvers.

BTW, I like the extra set of driving lights, but I was wondering what you used for bulbs on the big lights.

I am sure you have heard of this and I don't know how well it works, but I have seen where a modern headlight socket (not the 7" but, the ones that go in the plastic housings) was epoxied into the original reflector. The reflector needed to be made shinny and the glass lens polished. There is still an issue with the thick lens not passing as much light through as the thin plastic stuff they use now. I did it, but didn't actually get to drive it and see the result..

Dragged the Reo out of storage and now need to make some improvements. I drove it only a few times last fall and the biggest problem was the brake pedal went almost to the floor. So I removed the $5.00 swap meet Howe racing master cylinder seen on the right and installed a new 60's Chevy style single unit today. It has a larger bore which I hope will solve the problem. Needed to make a mounting adapter and spacer and also a longer push rod but it is all in now. Waiting for someone to show up to push the pedal while I bleed the brakes.

Todd, I still have paperwork to do.

DJ3100, I have regular bulbs for a Model A Ford from Mac's. Will probably get the halogen conversions bulbs and sockets from Speedway. Someone here on RRR showed their installation a while back. Looks like the way to go.

Just got a chance to review the last few pages of this thread ... Bob, if I can get my junk to look nearly as nice as your builds I will be a very happy man.

Latest posts

Back