48 DODGE Pilot House Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pops...I just got my Medicare Card....lol

Couldn't figure out why I needed it since I was working and have medical insurance...but apparently the Insurance company wanted to make sure I had the part A stuff.....thank the Lord I still am healthy and in fairly good shape for an old guy...Still love the job...otherwise I'd be out of here tomorrow....LOL.. :D

I had a guy ask if I'd sell this without the motor and transmission. He wanted a 350 Chevy. I get the Chevy's are cheap and available thing but why would you take a perfectly good 440 Dodge motor out of a Dodge truck?

I'll be glad when this auction is over Friday! I'm tired of all the "NOISE'' and requests for hundreds of additional pics I've sent.

I don't have the patience to put up with people that can't build their own telling me how I should have built mine.

I'm thru bitching now.

Damn! What kind of idiot would want to pull the 440 to put in a 350 chevy:eek::eek::eek: As you said, I get that they are cheaper and available, but that only makes sense when you are building, not for something that already has a good and infinitely cooler engine in it!

I had a guy ask if I'd sell this without the motor and transmission. He wanted a 350 Chevy. I get the Chevy's are cheap and available thing but why would you take a perfectly good 440 Dodge motor out of a Dodge truck?

I'll be glad when this auction is over Friday! I'm tired of all the "NOISE'' and requests for hundreds of additional pics I've sent.

I don't have the patience to put up with people that can't build their own telling me how I should have built mine.

I'm thru bitching now.

Damn! What kind of idiot would want to pull the 440 to put in a 350 chevy:eek::eek::eek: As you said, I get that they are cheaper and available, but that only makes sense when you are building, not for something that already has a good and infinitely cooler engine in it!

Don't worry about it Pops. The guy probably can't afford your truck, but has a 350 and figures he could get the truck for a price he can afford and put his drivetrain in it. Stick to your guns, your price is way too good and someone will see that.

I agree with all of you guys; strongly agree.
I especially like your saying, " I don't have the patience to put up with people who can't build their own telling me how I should have built mine."
I'll stop now before I go on a rant.

I'm thru bitching now.

Nothing to ad here...
Just thoughts i would come over here and drool on yer thread....lol!!!
[dr. [dr. [dr

I'd ask what kind of gas mileage you get, but since it doesn't have a speedo cable I'd guess about 35 to 40.:D:p:rolleyes:;)

I'm sure some fool has already asked.

I guess it's just part of selling something to the Joe Blow Public. I should have sold it to the guy that chased me down. He offered me 14k a year and a half ago. But I wanted to "finish" it.

I checked the fuel mileage with the GPS I was using for a speed0 and it was getting a whopping 4.5 MPG. I never checked it again but I don't think it ever got better. It's too much fun and I just have to hammer on it.

Pops...hindsight is alway 20 20...

Hope you get your price and that the auction goes as planned....never know with John Q public....lots of strange people floating around out there...:eek:

That 440 belongs

It has been a pleasure to follow your Pilot House build thread. You set the bar high for all of us. Hold out for a fair price Pops.

I think that's why i'm dragging my feet about listing it.... I really love the old thing. Nothing like the sound of a big block 440 when you put your foot in it.

Exactly!!!! It really pi$$es those guys off to get dusted by a 60-70 year old ride.

Or by a 60 or 70 year old driver....LOL..:D...sorry Pops....:eek:

You got that right!!
Some days I feel 25 but mostly not.

I think it pi$$es them off more to get dusted by a young guy driving a rusty old pickup than an old feller. Haha!

Boo Hoo and Ya Hoo at the same time.

I think it pi$$es them off more to get dusted by a young guy driving a rusty old pickup than an old feller. Haha!

It never gets old no matter how old you are.

It has been a pleasure to follow your Pilot House build thread. You set the bar high for all of us. Hold out for a fair price Pops.

Thanks, My grandson and I both had a really good time building this thing.
He's kinda sad that I'm selling it.

Hope you get your price and that the auction goes as planned....never know with John Q public....lots of strange people floating around out there...:eek:

They finally started bidding on it today. It's at 10k now and I'm hoping for a bidding war before the end at 6:00 PM tomorrow.

this is easily the most incredibly true statement ever made on the internet. "what I would have done was" or "you should have". You know the old saying, Those who can, do; those who can't, teach. I have spent nothing on the extensive education given to me by a hundred guys who havent ever touched a wrench, seems like you have the same "masters degree" pops. cheers!

Last edited:
this is easily the most incredibly true statement ever made on the internet. "what I would have done was" or "you should have". You know the old saying, Those who can, do; those who can't, teach. I have spent nothing on the extensive education given to me by a hundred guys who havent ever touched a wrench, seems like you have the same "masters degree" pops. cheers!

My wife tells me I need to work on my ''people skills''. I just tell her you can't fix other peoples stupid.

Glad to see she sold for you Pops

Thanks Dozer. Still have mixed emotions. But moving forward feels right.

Latest posts

Back