My '64 Rambler wagon build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's no secret I prefer Rebel Wire wiring kits! I like the setup, the wires & definitely the size of the print they use on their wires since these old eyes have trouble reading other companies' kits! I can actually read Rebel's wires without a magnifying glass & they have great instructions! And their tech, Jeremy, is the best! I've made mistakes in the past & Jeremy knew exactly what I did wrong & solved my problem on the spot! And no, I'm not getting paid to say this & did not get a free kit either, but Rebel is offering free shipping if you're a RRR/UDS member! I got the 9+3 kit & I did get free shipping!

http://www.rebelwire.com

I always rewire my cars & this wagon is no exception, the rats nest under the dash was so screwed up even I couldn't figure out how they made the car run with it! I should get the kit in a few days & will begin tearing out all the old stuff over the next few days!

The manual steering box is toast & it appears they only have rebuilt power steering versions for sale but will rebuild your old one. I hope they don't take forever!

I'm trying to get a 700R4 ordered today but am playing phone tag with them!

Things are starting to move along & I look forward to getting it back on the highways & byways!

BoB

Sounds like a good plan [cl

I have to get rid of my 700R4 it's to long for the Bug need a 350 I think:eek: If you were closer I'd give you a deal :eek:

Keeping the rear axle? What have you got in mind for wheels?

Gonna go with black center Torq Thrust II's!

Sounds like a good plan [cl

I have to get rid of my 700R4 it's to long for the Bug need a 350 I think:eek: If you were closer I'd give you a deal :eek:

2004R's are shorter but still OD!

I was working on cleaning out the rats nest wiring on the wagon & finally got down to this! Guess that's called... basic! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Attachments

• fusebox.jpg
    fusebox.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 36
Wipers are definitely a luxury that I make sure works.
The 200r4 trannies are a good choice but, getting a bit hard to find.
Are you leaving the six banger in it"
Is the drive shaft the weird splined hook up one on the rear end or does it have u-joints?

Are you leaving the six banger in it"
Is the drive shaft the weird splined hook up one on the rear end or does it have u-joints?

Iron, It didn't have a motor/tranny which is what I prefer! Gonna have a SBC/700R4! I'm really building it for Mrs Tripper so it'll be a reasonably quiet cruiser that'll burn regular!

The motor is a '73 350 block with a 307 crank which yields a 327... a destroked 350!

BoB

Attachments

• bullet.jpg
    bullet.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 12
Iron, It didn't have a motor/tranny which is what I prefer! Gonna have a SBC/700R4! I'm really building it for Mrs Tripper so it'll be a reasonably quiet cruiser that'll burn regular!

The motor is a '73 350 block with a 307 crank which yields a 327... a destroked 350!

BoB

Love the combo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well my Rebel Wire harness arrived... let the fun begin!!! :eek:[cl:D

BoB

Attachments

• rebel.jpg
    rebel.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 12
Been making progress! The car already has discs on front but the plumbing was really funky & I really didn't want to use the stock booster & master so I ordered a 7" booster/master for a Chevy II & that sucker *barely* fit in the space... I lucked out! Will also run new brake lines to all 4 corners.

I'm working on cleaning & respraying the engine compartment black! The orange motor sitting inside a black compartment is gonna really look good IMO!!!

Also the transmission shop called & said my 700R4 is ready!

Onward & upward!!!

BoB

Attachments

• master.JPG
    master.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 22
Looking Good BoB!

Thought I'd throw this out there.... when I was a kid my mom had a 66 Rambler Ambassador DPL. It was a pretty classy car, had a 327 in it but not a GM 327 an it as pretty quick. Yikes..... that was 50 years ago!

Looking Good BoB!

Thought I'd throw this out there.... when I was a kid my mom had a 66 Rambler Ambassador DPL. It was a pretty classy car, had a 327 in it but not a GM 327 an it as pretty quick. Yikes..... that was 50 years ago!

Wagons were really big back in the day!!! [cl

BoB

Spending today cleaning up the engine bay & spraying it black. I have the brake booster/master mocked up & only need to make the pushrod & set up the brake pedal! Then on to re-plumbing all the brake lines! Going to pick the tranny up early next week. Once I get the brakes done I'll start mocking up the engine/tranny/tranny mount/driveshaft! Then on to wiring! I like to have a path forward & this is it so far! Chicken soup for lunch & a cup of java & back to work! Hopefully I can get the bulk of this done before it starts getting cold... I hate the cold!

BoB

Spending today cleaning up the engine bay & spraying it black. I have the brake booster/master mocked up & only need to make the pushrod & set up the brake pedal! Then on to re-plumbing all the brake lines! Going to pick the tranny up early next week. Once I get the brakes done I'll start mocking up the engine/tranny/tranny mount/driveshaft! Then on to wiring! I like to have a path forward & this is it so far! Chicken soup for lunch & a cup of java & back to work! Hopefully I can get the bulk of this done before it starts getting cold... I hate the cold!

BoB

Cold? In Texas?!?

Latest posts

Back