My '64 Rambler wagon build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to pick up the brake fluid as we speak. This is always a stressful part of the build for me... fingers crossed!

BoB

Thank goodness for the internet! My lower steering column bushing was shot & I really didn't want to replace the column so I scoured the net & finally found one that works. Ain't easy findin' parts for a '64 Rambler!

BoB

Attachments

• bushing.jpg
    bushing.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 8
Got the brake & gas lines run, engine compartment prepped & ready to stab the engine/tranny for the last time. This Winter blast has held me up but it's supposed to warm up starting this weekend! I don't see how you guys up north do it!

BoB

Attachments

• thehole.jpg
    thehole.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 21
Oh come on? I’m just next door and it was 19 degrees this morning but it did get to 50 1st time in a month;)
Step warm:)[cl

Tripper, if you need some heat for your garage check out the Diesel parking heaters. A 8 KW is equal to 27,000 BTU. cheap and vented to the outside. Since the patent has run out they got very cheap. And safe used by truckers and RVs

Tripper, if you need some heat for your garage check out the Diesel parking heaters. A 8 KW is equal to 27,000 BTU. cheap and vented to the outside. Since the patent has run out they got very cheap. And safe used by truckers and RVs

I can attest to that. Last truck I had it had one in it, I couldn’t run it long at a time, it’d run you out on low! Would be simple to run one on a 12 volt converter for the fan and fuel pump.

It was really hump day for me today! I actually felt I had gotten over the hump on this build & could see myself driving it around in the near future! Had a few lil setbacks but seein' the light at the end of the tunnel! [cl

BoB

I was all ready to stick the engine/trans back it this week but when I went to bleed the master, I noticed the slug between the booster & master was missing so I'm stuck waiting on one stupid lil part... supposed to be arriving tomorrow! Fingers crossed! In the meantime... I'm sorting out the wiring loom & mapping out how I will proceed! I dreamed last night I was driving it! :D

BoB

I've waited more on parts this year than I ever have.
t's a good thing we're more patient now that we're older than we were when we were young :rolleyes:

I was all ready to stick the engine/trans back it this week but when I went to bleed the master, I noticed the slug between the booster & master was missing so I'm stuck waiting on one stupid lil part... supposed to be arriving tomorrow! Fingers crossed! In the meantime... I'm sorting out the wiring loom & mapping out how I will proceed! I dreamed last night I was driving it! :D

BoB

Don't tell me, Speedway, right? My first one didn't have one either, took me a while to figure it out. I made one out of an old Chinese socket and a little weld in the hole. Worked fine. The new master I put on last year, it was in the box, so I used it.

Don't tell me, Speedway, right? My first one didn't have one either, took me a while to figure it out. I made one out of an old Chinese socket and a little weld in the hole. Worked fine. The new master I put on last year, it was in the box, so I used it.

Actually Jegs & try getting them on the phone! :eek:

BoB

Latest posts

Back