Bamamav's 1947 Lincoln Club Coupe build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! I'm going to try and find a small 2 gallon or so boat tank and put it in front of the radiator for now until I can get the rest of the stuff for the rear tank. Then I've got to rebuild the carb before I can get out on the road and see how she drives. Not going to venture over 5 miles away from home just yet until everything is together.

Puttin' her back together.....

A few pics of this weeks work.

Got the trunk POR 15 done

Got the peel and seal finished on the floor, will probably end up doing the firewall later.

Put the door panels, kick panels, and seats back in.

Hooked up a temporary 2 gallon tank, electric pump, temporary ignition switch and brake lights.

Topped off all the fluids, got it running, and it moved under it's own power for the first time in years! Still have to play with the carb a bit, and may have to do some brake adjusting before I get that first real test drive in, but it's close!

you may want to mount that electric pump lower and closer to the tank.

they make poor "sucker" pumps, work much better when lower than the fuel tank.

It's just temporary there Blue. It works good enough for now. The new pump will be at the rear below the stock tank. I didn't want to put gas in the old tank until I get the sending unit out to change it and have a little look around inside. The "tank", you can't see it, is a 2 gallon gas jug, in front of the radiator, so it's only pulling from about 3 foot away. I figure it's good enough for a 4 mile trip out and back and tuning purposes around here. :D

The day I've been waiting on!

Been hammering away at small things this week. Done a little detailing under the hood, got rid of that yucky orange. My new air filter only fits 4bbls, so I used the 2bbl base and the new top for now. When I switch intakes and put on a 4bbl, I'll use the base. I have a matching set of valve covers, will probably just wait until I change intakes to change those, too.

Today, I tackled the oil filter from hell. I wanted to change the who knows how old oil before I ran it much, so today was the day. Everything went fine until it came to removing the filter. I have one of those nylon strap wrenches that get tighter the more you turn them, but it was a no go on this filter. I actually crushed the metal can and tore it off of the base! Spent about an hour with all kinds of punches and a impact hammer trying to force the base off. Finally got it to turn using my tie rod pickle fork and a 5 lb hammer.
Moved on to hook up the speedo cable, that turned out to be a bust, cable end is gnawed up too much, so I'll have to find a replacement.

No pics this week, we have video! Not very good video, as it was the first time I ever tried using the video camera in my phone. The walk around is somewhat better than the first drive one, on the first one I put the phone in my shirt pocket thinking it would work.....it did, mostly of my left arm and out the side glass! I'll try to tape it to the windsheild or something next time. Anyway, I drove it about 1 mile today, 1/2 out, 1/2 back. Going out, the trans wanted to slip, coming back, it acted fine. It's a little low on fluid, I lost some when I had the speedo gear out, so I need to top that off. Carb is junky too. It will be replaced before I venture out very far. Also have a front brake grabbing and sometimes doesn't want to turn loose unless you back up, took it back down and looked, didn't see anything to cause it except the drum has some surface rust, it should smooth out with a little running.

Anyway, enough rambling! Don't hurt yourself laughing!

http://s882.photobucket.com/user/ford84stepside/media/46 Lincoln/cellpics065_zpsd4ff716b.mp4.html

http://s882.photobucket.com/user/ford84stepside/media/46 Lincoln/cellpics063_zps95249e9c.mp4.html

&**(&^%#$%^Y*!!!!!!

:mad: Yep, I'm :mad:

I haven't had a chance to hardly even look at the Lincoln since I parked it after the show I went to in April. I did manage to get the sending unit out of the gas tank, and much to my surprise, found out I've got about 1/4 to 1/2 tank of gas. :rolleyes: The line is open from the tank, so it must be stopped up. That's not why I'm mad though.......

This afternoon, I had to get something out of the utility storage room in front of the car. I noticed a puddle under the car a few days ago, but just figured it was the window A/C doing it's thing, it drains into the carport. Today, Noticed the puddle was larger, but didn't lead to the A/C.[S Ran a finger through it, it came up red. Dexron Red. I guess the dented up pan leaks after all. What really sux is the wishbone is directly below the pan, and even though I dropped it about 2", I still may not be able to get the pan off without really dropping the bone, 6" or so, or pulling the motor and tranny. No way to pull just the tranny, it goes through the crossmember. I didn't need this. Was hoping to get the fuel system done and then do a little cruising. I may just try to get it back up on the trailer, at least I can get under it that way.

Just needed to vent a little......

Your luck is like mine .. but you may get lucky and snug a few bolts or is it dripping from the converter ? My 30 drips from the (de-tent cable hole) , and you cant replace the rubber unless you drop the pan , and the alternator was on fire inside of it last weekend ,, so thats toast ... then the charging system went out on my J.D. mower this week .. What else can happen [S

Hang in there! Seems like one of those "Mays" heheh! All kinds of simple little stuff just enough to cause hiccups in the plans is happening to several of us right now...
Was trying to get my brakes in order and found myself lacking a piece that needed to be ordered. Started on the exhaust, same thing there, make a parts run before you can finish that....wanted to set the shifter up, missing a small part that required fabbing before I could just hook it up...seems like everything has a hidden hitch right now.

Latest posts

Back