Gastrick update!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chatted with Bill this morning & he wanted me to share his progress with you guys. He's been exercising most of the days & has been making really good progress & getting stronger. He's also starting to regain feeling in his hands & feet which the Dr's claim is a medical impossibility... shows you what Dr's know! His goal is still to get back to his own house & shop & that's plenty of motivation for a stubborn hot rodder!!! I have plans to bust him out soon! He said when he gets a lil more feeling in his hands he'll be able to post to the forum again... I know he said that because he saw I was closing in on his post count... haha!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Great news ! If there is anyone who can do it, it would be Bill. PLEASE tell him we are all here for him, and that we would also contact him but do not want to intrude right now. We know he has enough on his plate. My one son keeps in touch somewhat with his progress on facebook.

Thanks, Bob, for keeping us informed. [cl

WOW GUYS! Gastrick just sent me a video of him walking without a walker. He's obviously been bustin' it rehabing himself! His Doc can't believe it & said she didn't expect him to make it through the night when he was admitted. He says he should be able to go home soon. I'm telling you... his transformation is amazing. He still has a lil trouble with his hands but I expect him to work through that too! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

Guys, I just got off the phone with Bill, this is the first time I have talked with him in a very long time. I didn't want to intrude into his life, after all that he has been through, so I held back from calling him, but finally, I did send him a text earlier in the week, and he called me back ! [cl

Bill sounds FANTASTIC. He asked me to please come on here and tell all of you that he is doing much better and can not wait to be able to type again, so that he can come back on here.

I told him he is one tough SOB, and if anyone could prove the Doctors wrong, it would be him. Bill has been through things in the past couple of years that no person should have to endure, from his son having Leukemia (that he has now beaten, and is now married ) to losing both of his parents within 6 months of each other, to this thing that has happened to him. They are weaning him off of some of his meds, and that is helping him get back a lot of his feelings in his legs and hands.

When we got off the phone, I felt great, he is so upbeat and we shared a few laughs and talked about cars. He still has the coupe, and his Roush Mustang, and his dad left him his Willys. He is anxious to get back on it, and we discussed the plans he has for it...…...something about a blower ! :D

I told him that I was happy to find a lot of familiar faces still here on RRR, and that everyone was worried about him and sends their best. I promised to stay in touch with him, and I will, it was like old times, talking with him.

But the main thing is, he really stressed that he wanted me to say hi to all of you and tell you he is coming back.

It looks like Tripper and I had the same great time, talking with Bill, and have the same opinion of how well he is doing. I can not wait until he is able to post back on here again, it will be good for us, and good for him.

My two sons and I talked last night after I spoke to Bill, and at some point, when he is up for it, we are going to drive over to his part of the State and visit him.

The human spirit and will are two things that Doctors do not take into account. Bill is a survivor, and his internal strength is making this miraculous recovery possible. It will be great to see him get to the point where he can be back out in that garage, finishing his dads Willys. :D

Latest posts

Back