Torchie needs a meeting followed by a 7-11 to hold up..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The small amount of chop, the leaning forward of the posts look great.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like a Chev front clip on one or two of those examples you found in post #13 Torchie. Figure you will keep this build all mopar tin. :cool: :)

Still chopped with some skirt added.

Sectioned from line to line, straight thru the hood...

attachment.php

Z cut, thru the rear fender and again thru the cowl/hood.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Plymouth-Suburban - chop drop - section srt.jpg
    Plymouth-Suburban - chop drop - section srt.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Plymouth-Suburban - chop drop - section z.jpg
    Plymouth-Suburban - chop drop - section z.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 48
Looks like a Chev front clip on one or two of those examples you found in post #13 Torchie. Figure you will keep this build all mopar tin. :cool: :)

I think a couple of those were later years suburbans Burgerman. They made them from 49-54. The last couple of years the Plymouth front ends took on a different shape. GM look for sure.:eek::cool:
Thanks Crank.:D :cool:
I like the first one. Straight thru the hood and leaving the rear fender intact.
Kind of looks like a "Little Brother" to my Dodge.:eek: [ddd [;) [;) :cool:
Torchie

Attachments

• ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk.jpg
    ga8v5xmtkwo55nl4gaujw6tru2jnerpk.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Plymouth-Suburban - chop drop - section srt.jpg
    Plymouth-Suburban - chop drop - section srt.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 10
Thanks Crank.:D :cool:
I like the first one. Straight thru the hood and leaving the rear fender intact.

Me too. (I tried several things including thru the front fender, which looked awfully awful.)

just passing by i will whisper....sedan delivery........

No section, no chop. (Needs the sign space. :p)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Plymouth-Suburban - drop sd.jpg
    Plymouth-Suburban - drop sd.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 46
How would it look if, with the mild chop, you leaned the whole rear area forward (instead of just the top 'hatch')? Too much like a Nomad copy? (The tail gate just looks too vertical to me, but I have absolutely no experience with this type of customizing.)

How would it look if, with the mild chop, you leaned the whole rear area forward (instead of just the top 'hatch')? Too much like a Nomad copy? (The tail gate just looks too vertical to me, but I have absolutely no experience with this type of customizing.)

LOL. As always. All opinions welcomed.
That Idea has been tossed around a bit in my brain, Neto. But like my Dodge., if I was to do this I don't want to knock all the MOPAR out of it.
Here's a pic of the Corvette Nomad. It shows the slanted rear tailgate area you speak of.[cl :D :cool:
Torchie

Attachments

• page11_2.jpg
    page11_2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 16
Time to put an end to theses foolish dreams.
Talked with the brother that owns the wagon. Not interested in selling as it’s “ been here longer then I have”🙀
IHe said it was his Grandfathers. I of course hit him with the “ wouldn’t really like to see it fixed up” line. But to no avail.
Time to get back to the Dodge. Just got some headlight rings off eBay 😎
Thanks for all the comments and the photo shops👍😎👍
Torchie

LOL. As always. All opinions welcomed.
That Idea has been tossed around a bit in my brain, Neto. But like my Dodge., if I was to do this I don't want to knock all the MOPAR out of it.
Here's a pic of the Corvette Nomad. It shows the slanted rear tailgate area you speak of.[cl :D :cool:
Torchie

Yeah, the Nomad was a distinctive look, but I was thinking less over all slant - more just to match the forward slant of the B & C pillars as the others did it on their photoshop mild chops. Maybe that would make so much slant that you would have to shorten the roof.
Anyway, I know the deal is off, but was nice to see the ideas floated about it.

Who knows. Crank
It was a long shot. The one brother would have named a price in a heart beat. But it’s his older brothers car and he said no .
Another direct quote from him was “ I can’t imagine it going any where.”😳
I’ll keep an eye on it but I doubt it gets crushed. More likely it will just return to the earth😔
I may be back there on Sunday to see what’s left from the 49 Dodge that I got the extra doors from last year. It’s a Wayfarer so it’s a different wheelbase the the Coronet but some stuff will exchange
Torchie

It's sad some people are like that. They'll hang on to it until it's not worth anything. Seen it happen around here a few times. :(:(:(

Latest posts

Back