38 ford doghouse swap?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

Ok I just bought a 38 ford sedan that's ruff but the doghouse is decent. Or at least I think it is. I haven't even dug it out of the spot that it's in yet. I have a 38 ford cab and of what I remember of it, it looks like the doghouse will fit the cab. Am I crazy or will it work? My cab is at home and I'm in texas. Literally bought the car ten minutes ago. Picking it up in the morning.

Will have pics soon.

She's a bit rougher then she looks!

Once I get it loaded I will get a few pics of where the floors used to be. Lol

Could be 21 as the frames for the Ford cars and trucks were pretty much the same at that point. So my thinking is that the cowl width on the 2 are going to be close as well.
Torchie.

IIRC, 35 to 41 all used the same frame. I don't know if the firewalls are the same, but if Torchie can put a 41 car front end on a F series, I'd bet you could put a 38 car nose on a 38 truck with a little work!

IIRC, 35 to 41 all used the same frame. I don't know if the firewalls are the same, but if Torchie can put a 41 car front end on a F series, I'd bet you could put a 38 car nose on a 38 truck with a little work!
Its been done, and it looks awesome! You are a lucky man. I had a 38 tudor back in the 70s. It was the hump back. 37 38 39 looking cars were all sold as 38s. I guess it was a timing thing. This one looks more like a 39 from the angles in the photos. Big round butt. Right? I think I have seen pictures of the 39 car front sheet metal on a 38, but not sure. Whatever it turns out to be, it is cool. Great find! [cl

Windshield in cars and trucks is the same fit, also. I think this is a go.

I'll be watching for a build thread. Or, you could just drop it off in Portland, and I'll figure out how to deal with it. :D

body

and when done with the body if it is to bad for a street rod find someone that is racing the old school dirt cars and see if they could use it.

l would like to fine another one like that fro my friend to do his car.

Later :cool:

Latest posts

Back