help with a dodge 727 transmission

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's the deal, 1967 dodge 727 trans in a motorhome, trans was rebuilt, has maybe 50 to 100 miles on it, sat for about 6 years and when i went to clean it up, no reverse...i've check the fluids and linkage, linkage was my first thought as it wants to go forward in neutral also

i'm not too savy with mopars in general, i'm guessing possible a check valve stuck or something? hoping someone has experienced something similar before i yank it out and rebuild a rebuilt transmission....or if anyone has a good mopar board/site

thanks in advance fellas

A 727 with all forward speeds and no reverse is usually a broken or fried low/reverse band. Low still drives, but it freewheels on deceleration. Did you hit reverse while the engine was idling too fast? That somtimes breaks off an ear on the band. And of course, that band is the first thing that goes in an empty case, so a complete teardown is necessary.
You might luck out and just have a clogged up valve body, causing the band to be inoperative. Pull the pan and body and clean it. Fresh fluid and filter might get it going again.

it just sat, lots of responses on the hamb, obviously i'm going to have to drop the pan, just doing some research while i drove a 8 penny through my finger

doesn't everyone drive rusty nails through their fingers?

actually it was in an old piece of wood and slammed down on my hand impaling my index finger, straight thru the bone :eek:

Latest posts

Back