here is one of the functional metal art I make

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here is the latest project. It will be 2 full size moose built out of 1/4" plate steel. 9' tall and 11' long each. They will be head to head with antlers locked as if in a rut fight. Here is some pics of the process.

High tech bending

And I had enough plate left over so I knocked out the side pieces for my English wheel I keep meaning to start building...

So here is the latest project. It will be 2 full size moose built out of 1/4" plate steel. 9' tall and 11' long each. They will be head to head with antlers locked as if in a rut fight. Here is some pics of the process.

High tech bending

Good thing you have some equipment around to move the artwork. Looks like the finished result will weigh as much as the original models or more...really nice!!![cl

Is that a piece you are doing commissioned by someone?

dang....that is really a nice piece.....all that quarter inch plate has to cost a ton of money...no pun intended....really nice man...Wow...[cl[cl

Thanks guys. There will be 2 of them. They're for my brother in law's camp ground up in Maine. They will be head to head like a rutting battle. He's paying for them but I did cut him a pretty good deal. And they will be left to rust naturally. Here is a shot of the first guy with his antlers on...

Last edited:
Here are the pair set in their home up in Maine with the owner and the artist (Me)

Here are a couple of things I've been working on...The fire pit has individual panels that just link together. People can have whatever they want for panels or break it down to transport.

That's a cool idea on the fire pit. I have a request for some fire pit tools off my forge. I'd like to borrow part of your idea. Is that 1/4" plate or larger?

models

Jfg, I may have found the models you used for your art.

This is looking out my porch window while I was putting on my boots one day a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• Dec 2012 008.jpg
    Dec 2012 008.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 23
That's a cool idea on the fire pit. I have a request for some fire pit tools off my forge. I'd like to borrow part of your idea. Is that 1/4" plate or larger?

It's only 1/8" plate. Most of the heat of the camp fire is above the metal so they never get hot enough to warp or melt.

Latest posts

Back