4 duces

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddRodsGarage

Will I finally got the 327 back in the Model A and got the carbs on it . Looks like I will actually have more room to get the distributor down in there than I had with the 3 duces ....

This is a Weiand manifold with Ford 94's ..... I had to trade some premo parts for it but WTF .....there is four of em ...

In The truck
http://http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo203/OldoginMd/008_1.jpg

Oldog

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 44
looks great. are the difficult to tune and sync.

I will find out later this week Kenny , I set them up equal , so when I pu the fire to them we will find out .It is not like 3 duces I had on there before .... I could run off just one of those ...one of these runs 2 cylinders ...

Oldog

I will find out later this week Kenny , I set them up equal , so when I pu the fire to them we will find out .It is not like 3 duces I had on there before .... I could run off just one of those ...one of these runs 2 cylinders ...

Oldog
Pretty sure with that manifold you have to run them all straight up, no way to go progressive. Had a friend running that manifold with rochesters, seems like that is what he told me.

Pretty sure with that manifold you have to run them all straight up, no way to go progressive. Had a friend running that manifold with rochesters, seems like that is what he told me.

Yea Rusty , I think that is what I said , there will be no way to run these except all the way with all 4 ... you friend give you any pointers ??[S

Nice.

It does look pretty crowded. Waiting patiently for pics of this with distributor and thermostat housing installed. [P

Yea Rusty , I think that is what I said , there will be no way to run these except all the way with all 4 ... you friend give you any pointers ??[S
He was running the Rochester carb so I don't know how those compare with the 94s. I ran the 94s on my 6x2 setup for a while till I switched to the 97s I have now. What I played around with and fought the most was the secondary circuit. I never got the lag between the primary and secondary figured out. But I was also trying to run one bank as primary and two as secondary with a progressive linkage. You just have to keep tweaking with the power valves. I got impatient and just switched to the 97s.

One thing I did learn from him.... I also now label my carbs with what my jets and mains are just like he did here.

I am still playing with this setup and hope to have some info soon , but I think I an going to take them off because I need to break this motor in ......thanks Rusty , good info
Oldog

I am still playing with this setup and hope to have some info soon , but I think I an going to take them off because I need to break this motor in ......thanks Rusty , good info
Oldog

Yeah, I don't think I would try to break in a motor with that setup. Somewhere I have some really good setup info, but I can't seem to find where I kept it.

It's been awhile since I have been into the 94s, so I may have this wrong, but on the 97s. After I have been playing with the linkage or redoing every thing. I set just the bases on the motor, and make sure all the carbs are starting out with the butterflies fully shut with the linkage all the same. Then I put the rest of the carb on. I can't remember if the 94s work that way as well. I do remember the 94s linkage is reversed from the 97s. Then I start playing with getting the airflow the same in all the carbs, that is key to getting them running smooth. I use the sycn tool with the small bubble that floats, I've had better luck with it than the Holley tool with the gauge.

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong was I was trying to lean the idle circuit down to much and it was causing the carbs to pull from the running circuit which just made things worse. So when I went richer on the idle circuit it actually leaned out and started running better :rolleyes:

Well I have it running and it is ssssssssweet........ I was lucky [?] and it took very little adjustment to smooth it out . I had gas leaking out of the front carb after shut off but took care of it with a rebuild kit ...new needle valve and float adjustment was the culprit I believe .

The distributor went in a lot easier than on the 3 duce's and it was real close to timed .

I took a 27 second movie but it will not load after an hour it said missing a "tokin"

Does anyone know how to compress a movie like pictures ?????

Oldog

Finally together.....Running ..and on to the next 7 year old project in the background
Oldog

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts