Affordable transport

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric, every time someone on the HAMB asks for a hauling suggestion, I post your info and tell them what I good job you did for me. Don't know if any of them contacted you, but at least they have your name and number. I just did one tonight again.

Don

Thanks Don

I've had a few calls. Some I call back and never hear back from them. But a few guys from the hamb hire me from time to time. My username on there is demodriver. I have a add on there if it's still up.

For the time being I'm not going to be able to offer any transportation services. I was involved in a wreck last week and will have to take some time off to either replace the truck or get it fixed and I have a few medical issues to get straitened out.

If you aren't in a hurry I can still make tentative plans for when I get back on the road.

Eric

Thanks guys. I'm doing way better today then I have in the past few days. I have a nerve or something messed up in my back that is causing numbness on my left side. The doc thinks it's just from swelling and wants to give it a few days.

When I saw that the guy was going to pull out in front of me I slammed on the brakes and on impact I braced/pushed hard enough to bend the brake pedal. I'm sure that's when I jacked up my back.

The one thorough estimate that I had done on the truck was close to $10,000 in damages. And that's if the frame isn't bent anywhere. :(. The insurance company is sending out a person tomorrow to look the truck over. So I'll know more then.

Thanks again guys.

Well, that sucks. Word of advise - if the doctor gave you any stupid little stretches or exercises, do them. Stay mobile too, unless doc says otherwise. Sitting on your butt all day will probably make it worse.

Ya, I've been following the docs orders, trying to stay mobile and keep my mind busy. Been a rough few months for various reasons.

The guy that I hit never looked or stopped as he was leaving a mcds drive through. But in his statement he said that I side swiped him after he exited. But... Thank god for surrounding business having surveillance cameras. After getting a rental car I was able to go to seven nearby business and get footage from three of them that show that I never changed lanes and that I hit him in the side as he was exiting. Unfortunately none of the footage shows the actual wreck but it shows my truck up to about 20' before impact.

The inspector for the insurance company came today and his estimate for the repairs are at $9200. They gave me the go ahead to fix the truck at what ever shop I choose to, so as soon as I gather up some help to unload my tools and some help to get it to the shop the repairs will begin. As of now I'm going to a local dodge dealer since they gave the quickest repair time of a estimated ten days.

Sorry if that is all jibberish, these meds make it hard to process a thought at times.

Took the truck to the body shop today. They said the passenger frame rail is pushed back and inward. I'm not sure how bad yet but I do know that I don't really want the truck for over the road anymore.

Took the truck to the body shop today. They said the passenger frame rail is pushed back and inward. I'm not sure how bad yet but I do know that I don't really want the truck for over the road anymore.
What the heck??? [S
Why didn't they find this to start with and the insurance company would have totaled it right away.

The way I understand it is that because my truck was in such good shape it is worth way more then the average 04 cummins. They will pay up to X percentage of the trucks value to repair it, and since it's worth more they will pay more to fix it.

Latest posts

Back