The Darksyde 1941 Ford PU

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Dad and I finally got the rear end and the motor home. Nice to see a set of wheels under it, and to have almost everything ready to start putting together. A cool milestone in my book.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 138
Found some boots from a friend...
He said they were Huge.
I thought maybe 12-14" wide was pretty large.
Well with these the thought of duels goes away.

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 104
Another milestone, got my 351w short block all put together.
Just need some valve seals and I can get started on the head valve job, then it's just bolting things together.

Will be ordering a rebuild kit for my c4. Got a valve body on the weekend for $30 and it looks pretty good. Has a stage 2 kit in it, just needs to be cleaned up, and gotta find some bolts.

Also gotta find a new rear diff. The one I have from an f150 is just too wide. Will try to locate one from an explorer and I can shorten the one side.

Got some fab and some long days coming, but it also comes with warmer weather.

Cab chop coming soon, hope to cut into it in the next month or so.

Slowly but surely...

Explorer rear end. Check
Explorer Short side Axle. Check
Time to start hackin.

Got my cab back on the frame to start laying things out for the chop.

Picked up just a cab for 200 bucks
Floors rotted gone and the doors are dented up from the guy taking ti off the frame by the windows but the roof is straight. no hay bales

cab 1942.jpg

Nice find torch, looks familiar, got visors and windows to nice.

So my c4 had no valve body. I found one for what I was told was a c4 but turns out it was from a c5. So as I was getting frustrated and looking for another valve body, an78 c4 popped up on the local classifieds! Gotta be an omen. Turns out it's got about 30000km on it. A shift kit, and was only replaced to change to a 5 speed. $100 awesome.
Got my exploder 8.8 disassembled, chopped, shortened, welded. Just need to rebuild it new bearings and stuff and that's done. My adapters showed up and those will be ready to go soon as well.
Friend of mine had some aftermarket motor mounts he had sitting around that he passed to me. Thanks Jason.
Valve seals showed up, just need my 17/32 bit to show up to drill my heads and then those are done.

Finally all these little things are coming together, it might even look like I'm making progress soon.

Going for 5 in the back 5 1/2 in the front.
Going to mail slot the rear window. I like the look even if I may curse my decision down the road.

Latest posts

Back