Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Torchie, I believe you're right about the Plymouth usually having the smaller brakes than Dodges. In Canada we got a bunch of P15 Plymouths rebadged as D24 Dodges. It turns out that they got bigger brakes too. They are 11" brakes. So I need a backing plate for the right hand side that is almost 12" across. I also need the left hand connecter link from the sway bar to the bottom A frame. The connecter on the other side is 7" long.
Keep on tinkering Torchie.

Torchie, I believe you're right about the Plymouth usually having the smaller brakes than Dodges. In Canada we got a bunch of P15 Plymouths rebadged as D24 Dodges. It turns out that they got bigger brakes too. They are 11" brakes. So I need a backing plate for the right hand side that is almost 12" across. I also need the left hand connecter link from the sway bar to the bottom A frame. The connecter on the other side is 7" long.
Keep on tinkering Torchie.

I will take some pics of the aforementioned items and post them tomorrow. Mac. You can tell me if they are what you need.

As always, where there's a will, there's a way!!![cl[cl[cl[P
I'm afraid I may be running out of "Will" smallfoot.:(
Torchie

Torchie, take the rest of the day off. Good work though.
Please don't throw that old frame away just yet. I would like to buy the PS front wheel assembly from you. I need a backing plate and almost new drum. I'll have to find out if I need the 11" or the 10" one. I also need a dog bone that goes between the end of the sway bar and maybe the bottom A frame. These pieces will go on a '46 Dodge coupe.
Keep up the good work.

Mac.
here are some pics of the Backing plate and the sway bar. I don't see the connectors that you mention, so perhaps the earlier ones are different.
Let me know.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 12
I have studied your pictures and I think the backing plates are the same if they are the same size. [11" brakes] Your sway bar hooks on differently than mine. Here are some pictures to compare.

Attachments

• IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 15
Mac. Different sway bar set up for sure.
On the 49 the end of the sway bar goes right into the u channel of the A arm.
I will get a measurement on the backing plate and get back to you.
Torchie

FYI:
I have two P15s (46 & first series 49), and the sway bar on them is like Torchie's 49 Dodge. (I can't say for sure that the shape is exactly the same, but the design is the same - connection points, support brackets, the way the rubber bushing is held in the support bracket, etc.)

I think I've seen the other design some place or another, but I can't remember what vehicle it was on.

I don't know about parts interchange between Plymouth & Dodge (& especially the Canadian "Plodge"), but my 49 Plymouth has front suspension parts off of a 53 Cranbrook on it, so there must be a wide range of use for those parts. (I can't remember anymore what all I used off of the 53, but for certain the uprights, and it's likely I used the entire set up, with upper & lower control arms as well. It was a lot of years back...)

Thank you Neto, I didn't know how tough it was going to be finding parts for this car. The side view of the body is so cool that I fell in love and maybe my sight was distorted a wee bit.
It is a fine looking coupe. :D I'm sure it will be wroth the effort.

No progress at all.Been dealing with 92 year old Mom-in-law elder care issues for the past week. 3 ER visits and 2 hospital stays since last Monday. Currently in a cardiac unit.
Any and all good vibes appreciated.
Torchie

Good vibes to you Torchie......here you and I go again - my mother in law, 93, had a heart attach 3 weeks ago and we are dealing with nearly the same situation.

Good vibes to you Torchie......here you and I go again - my mother in law, 93, had a heart attach 3 weeks ago and we are dealing with nearly the same situation.

Thanks everyone. All the help appreciated.:)
A all too common thread for many people BillM.
My wife's Mom lives alone and still drove (Up until last week). She is about 15 Minutes from our house and as my wife's two brother all live 5 hours away we are the point people..
It looks like she is in A fib or Aterial flutttering or both so they are getting her heart rate stabilized prior to any sort of procedure. I suspect that their first course of treatment will be to try to regulate this with meds. If not perhaps a pacemaker like they did for me.
We should know more today.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back