36 Ford truck on Ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned to drive in a '36 on a '52 Mercury wagon frame in 1962, with a flattie that looked a lot like that one. What a great-looking truck! [cl[cl[cl[cl

Thank you, guys.
No hood, Dutch. I have a couple of hoods, but I'm arrogant enough to want to show off the three carbs, even if I haven't got them dialled in quite right yet.
On Sunday, tomorrow, we have our annual vintage tractor meeting about 50 miles away so I'm getting ready to take this little truck to show off.
I'm leading by example, the showing off our finished hotrods once in a while, on this forum, so the rest of the guys will remember them. You guys could follow my lead, you know. Show your stuff, guys.

MercuryMac ''You guys could follow my lead, Show your stuff, guys.''

l showed my stuff and now l am banned from the church[ddd:rolleyes:

likin' the truck.

Later:cool:

Looks good mac!!! I like dhowing off my tri power set up. It amazes people hahahaha. They dont get how it works.

Now go enjoy it!!

I'm leading by example, the showing off our finished hotrods once in a while, on this forum, so the rest of the guys will remember them. You guys could follow my lead, you know. Show your stuff, guys.

I just wish I could get time, money, and decent weather, plus feel worth a darn after working all week, to just get mine road worthy again.:(:(:( My deadline to drive just gets farther away every week.:(:(:( Sorry to be a Debbie downer, I just miss having fun like Mac!

Looking good Mac, this truck has always been one of my favorites here on UDS![cl[cl[cl[cl

One of my favorite too. Great build. Sure like the flattie.

Bama, you're gonna hafta take a leave from work, or win the lottery.

MercMac, first official show is sunday 4 28, taking the gotcha's 3Oish and even though she won't be finishd, THAT is gonna be trailered and dropped off next to the 3Oish. waitin' for good weather's killin' me.

like you l try and get out to shows alot, even drive into walmart just to strech the "legs" of the rods :D

have fun drivin' the truck, it is cool [cl

Later:cool:

Last edited:
Thank you, guys.
No hood, Dutch. I have a couple of hoods, but I'm arrogant enough to want to show off the three carbs, even if I haven't got them dialled in quite right yet.
On Sunday, tomorrow, we have our annual vintage tractor meeting about 50 miles away so I'm getting ready to take this little truck to show off.

I figured everyone was sick of seeing my Ford at shows, parked next to haunted houses, cemeteries, and such. I've been driving it in the mud and snow, need to give it a bath soon. Show season here starts in a couple of weeks with a Chicken 'n Mayo (Cinco de Mayo) show at a little town down the road. I'll post some pics, Mac....if you get sick of seeing them, let me know. :D

BTW...Love your truck!!

Thank you guys.
Skull, either you or your church, doesn't appreciate a good metaphor. ---- And let's see some pics of said hotrods at the show, please.
Animal I'm not tired of your pictures, especially when they are of a '56 Ford, the same as my high school car.
Bam, your 'upness' level will rise in a couple of months. Good luck.
Toad, you know I'm just showing off now, but I'll keep 'em coming.

I've been test driving my '36 once in a while and adjusting the little linkage rods to the secondary carbs, but it's been raining on my parade. The truck was loosing power and sputtering more and more. I was getting more embarrassed by the hour. Finally I realized that I was running out of gas all of the time. The electric fuel pump had one valve not shutting, I think. Anyhow, I changed the fuel filter, [a horrible job] and changed the pump, [another horrible job]. Now I have 2 1/2 lbs. of pressure up at the motor and it looks like a lot more volume.

Attachments

• IMG_2206.jpg
    IMG_2206.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2207.jpg
    IMG_2207.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back