Anyone garden?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
My Spring garden is toast so I prepared my beds for a Summer garden & ordered heat resistant varieties from my fav organic seed store... Johnny's Selected Seeds! All organic & non-GMO! I'll be growing lettuce, bok choy, spinach, arugula & various herbs! I also planted some potatoes a couple weeks ago!

https://www.johnnyseeds.com/

BoB

I don't but the wife does, she grows more than we can eat and trades with the neighbors for eggs and stuff she doesn't grow. Right now we're having the best tomatoes you've ever eaten! [cl

Toad

yea we do... Chabbot different kind, carrots, strawberry and a whole lottta stuff I dont know the english name for... :D
Most of all I love the knowing what you eat... :)

My wife does as well.
For us it's some veggies and things like lettuce as we have a short growing season and not a lot of sunlight out here in the woods.
Mainly she does flowers now as we can get lots of organic produce from our friends at the local famers markets.
It always tastes better when you grow it yourself...
Torchie

The area I live in, (the winter strawberry capitol of the world) has great soil, including my large backyard.

Now fully retired, for now, I am thinking of growing some crops, including strawberries, and possibly starting a tree farm. The house, barn and land, now a historic fixture among much newer homes, at one time was a family farm and orange grove, still have one orange tree left.

I've always had a green thumb and love growing my own veggies. After you eat real garden fresh produce you'll never buy it in the store unless you have to. By the time most produce gets to the store it's between 3-5 weeks old, nothing like eating it fresh from the garden. I don't use any chemicals and make my own compost! No GMO for the Zipper!

Zipper

I'm a little like Bama in that I let quite a bit of grass grow, but I always garden a bit too. This year only potatoes and tomatoes. The deer don't harvest those two things, before we can harvest them.

I have had a garden for most of my life. It is an Italian thing I think. Dad and Grandad both had them. Tomatoes, hot peppers. beans, garlic, potatoes. Love fresh vegetable. Jim

I'm hoping when I semi retire I can have time to do stuff like this again. My time is limited to weekends mostly now, and a garden requires work 7 days a week if you really want it to produce. When I was growing up, we always had about an acre or two in garden. After I got married, I had a small spot a few times with a few things, nothing like what I grew up with. The last few years, we haven't cooked much anyway, it's been just as cheap to get something from the cafes in town. When our last freezer went out, we lost hundreds of dollars of food that we had bought and put up, but had seldom eaten anymore. I decided enough, I wasn't going through the trouble if we weren't going to use it, so we never bought another freezer.

I'd love to have some fresh hot peppers and tomatoes sometimes. Maybe in a couple of years, I can try growing stuff again. For now though, it's grass, and it grows itself.....

I'd love to have some fresh hot peppers and tomatoes sometimes.

I love me some hot peppers & you can grow them in pots really easily! Couple years ago I grew some of the hottest ones I've ever grown... yummm!!! My nephew & I were the only ones who could eat them... Mrs Tripper said no, no, no!

BoB

I have heard that hot pepper is good for your digestive system, as well as fighting off colds and such. I’m a believer, I seldom get a cold, and the exhaust system works well.[P I’m more of a medium heat guy, but don’t mind a bite of a good habernero every once in a while. I love Spanish/Mexican food, and eat a lot of Texas Pete hot sauce. Tabasco is just too hot for me, heat but no flavor. I like that Cajun food, too. Don’t want no bland food!

Latest posts

Back