https://project64mini.com/

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23crate

ok you lot....

these guys are headed your way again later this year,, plenty of warning so you can make sure that salt flat is up to it...

was talking to my buddy who is part of this .. yep that's him rolling under the car at the 26 second mark..

hes was saying the poor lil 1000cc mini engine is revving at around 10000 rpm at 162 mph !!!...

belies belief really..

We've got pot holes bigger than mini's. Better try the southwest. DMW56 can show you where.:D

BTW is there supposed to be a video???

Cool! That's the same block we're rebuilding right now for my wife's MG. Well, maybe a bit more modified than ours. Good solid little motors. Red lines at about 6000 stock with solid lifters, so 10 isn't crazy up there.

they must have some big bucks into that engine to make it last

I did a vtec swap into my mini,
the A series engine isn't know for being cheap to make them last
or make them make big power

it would seem that mini, has gained quite some attention over there.. not surprising. (national news article here)

"" The Project 64 team set the first record on tuning runs for the little Mini that has gained a great deal of attention at the iconic event. In the I/BGALT class they set a speed of 144.033mph (231.799kmh) on a 133.896mph (215.485kmh) record.

The team then switched classes to I/BFALT - a change from petrol to methanol - and on a tuning run for methanol broke the 140.458mph (226.045kmh) class record with a speed of 158.039mph (254.339kmh). They were unable to back this up due to a hose fault on their next run.""

heres the link rest ..

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/83297626/two-records-secured-for-project-64-at-bonneville

sighs !!

Be honest, would you drive that rolling coffin that fast? :eek:

Beercan

hehehehe anything fast will do that .. on paper that's very appealing!!!! I could say id love to have a go !!!!

im not sure bout reality though..

sad news the lil mini popped its fizzer....

sudden unknown oil pressure loss.. still two records under it wheels!!

awesome

Eh, for a straight shot, it's really not much more than a 4 wheeled motorcycle. :D On the other hand, I won't take my wife's Midgets over 70 on pavement - but then part of the problem is the 220 Lbs of ballast on the drivers side.

That little Mini is amazing!

Latest posts

Back