1950 dodge truck tribute to my son

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
freeze plugs

not just one freeze plug, oh no, that'ed be to easy. l had to replace the ones under both motor mounts and the one under the starter.[dr

we had to remove the whole front-end to get to 'em.

fixing exhaust leaks and putting the nose on tomorrow, last time, l hope :rolleyes:

Later:cool:

Attachments

• DSCI0280.jpg
    DSCI0280.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCI0282.jpg
    DSCI0282.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCI0285.jpg
    DSCI0285.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 58
cruzin'

think l finally almost have all the bugs worked out. :D

may have a bent axle, but that's an easy fix.

drove her up and down the road, shifts good, brakes are great and plenty of power. shifts into 0.D and drops to 2100 RPM's[cl

takin' her to the friday night cruz tomorrow. pics to follow when l get home or on saturday, depends on how late l get home friday night:eek:

The Cruze

Good Luck on your Friday nite!!! I know it will go well. You've worked hard and now its time to enjoy it. Great tribute!

Lynn

Thanks so much

THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED[cl:D

and, thanks to those who kept me motovated when l felt it was never gonna get done:D the encourgement kept me going to get her on the road.

post some pics in soon when the hood and visior get on her.

no bent axle

no bent axle, just the new drum l have didn't fit over a tiny lip on the axle.

ground the drum where it fits over the axle out a little and now the tire seats fine and wobbble is gone:D

cruz pics

she ran like a champ last night, no problems at all:D

a few pics from early in the night. having so much fun, forgot to take more pics later in the night[dr

about 70 cars showed up

Attachments

• DSCI0270.jpg
    DSCI0270.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCI0272.jpg
    DSCI0272.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCI0277.jpg
    DSCI0277.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCI0268.jpg
    DSCI0268.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCI0279.jpg
    DSCI0279.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 80
interior is done

went out put on the hood on, passenger seat in and did what little bit of carpet & sound deading there is gonna be.

other thing is gonna be tying up the wires & the visior, raise the front of the running boards level with the front fender, l have to make a brace to do this for the running boards, then she's as done as she's gonna get.

now, drive her and enjoy the memory's she brings to life.:D

next on the list is ethier the 1966 chevelle or the 4 to 2 door ''1930'' dodge[S

Attachments

• DSCI0262.jpg
    DSCI0262.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCI0258.jpg
    DSCI0258.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCI0257.jpg
    DSCI0257.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCI0251.jpg
    DSCI0251.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC026 (1).jpg
    DSC026 (1).jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Wow, I can't imagine how it feels to know you can just go out, fire it up and go for a spin :cool: Can't wait to get my Willys to that point.

The truck is looking great Skull, drive it often and enjoy it. [cl[cl

close to ya

Snake Farm said:
Wow, I can't imagine how it feels to know you can just go out, fire it up and go for a spin :cool: Can't wait to get my Willys to that point.l

just imangine one of the best feelings ya ever had, like the first time ya rode a 2 wheeler, drove alone the first time or that first real love,,,,,that's as close as l can describe it.

if'n l lived closer, l'd come help ya throw that beast together:D

cool

congats glad to see you got her going im guessing you found a radiator. looks good hope to get back to work soon on mine. lots of crap going wrong hopefully it will work out soon. got most everything i need to build it but time.

l was wrong

l thought lwas done for a while.......l was wrong,,,,,,, the girlfriend and l went for a ride and she said it sounded like she was inna 55 gallon drum and someone hitting it with baseball bat::eek:

so l went to home depot and got some sound deadner to put in the back of the cab, floors, doors and roof............................................

'couse if mama ain't happy, well ya know[ddev

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back