JB's 1927 Dodge Brothers Build... REBUILT THREAD!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting on the "lid." I am using 3/4" red oak plywood, wrapped with vinyl on the outside and stained on the inside...

2013-03-19_11-00-00_614_zpsa7a3cb0e.jpg

That should be cool as heck.....

must do a fair amount of woodworking too...as most don't have a biscuit cutter handy....lol...[cl

I gotta have my music, but didn't have much room for a standard sized head unit... I found this little feller at the parts store. It is a media center, and doesn't have a cd player (am fm, auxillary port, sd card slot and usb port), so it is about 1/2 as deep as a standard unit...

2013-03-18_09-50-59_725_zps39a9ff65.jpg

They sound AMAZING! I highly recommend kicker speakers... The little head unit is pushing 200 watts, so it pushes them pretty good!

2013-03-21_06-33-18_10_zps8a1ecc7d.jpg

Thanks fellas! The lid is done... I also got a lot of other stuff buttoned up today! Gonna spend the day tomorrow, driving it around!

2013-03-22_19-31-48_334_zpsfb14168a.jpg

The top looks great, bell. What top material did you use? Would you describe the process of putting the material on the plywood? Thanks.

Thanks Bob! I used a very old piece of vinyl, that I had laying around... it is very thick and not padded. You can see in the first pic, I folded half of it over and sprayed headliner/ carpet adhesive on both the plywood and the vinyl. From the opposite side, I started pushing it (at the fold) towards the glued plywood... working from the middle, out. Just work it slowly and keep "stretching" it as you are applying the vinyl to the plywood... hope this makes sense.

Latest posts

Back