GA Here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hughdini

Enjoy the board, got 1st Rat going last Labor day, just put up pics of project 2. Wrecked BattleRat otw to Cherokee Rod Run a month ago and wonder who in CSRA (GA) is building rats, and where the nearby shows, hangouts, etc. are.

BattleRat wreck below - 1952 F-2 on D-50 chassis 360/C-6

Attachments

• 0515091440.jpg
    0515091440.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 65
Thanks! Lost the orig Flatty radiator, water pump, headlights and p/s pump (no kidding) knocked 2nd gear band clamp off, but for a few bones she's back running as good as ever. Prob for less than 1 VW airbag! Ha Ha!

I hear ya Ga boy.
Man hate to see the busted rat but that means you get to work on it again. I am in central Ga (Dublin). What part of ga you in. Check out my build when ya get a chance

ANNAMEL - I checked out your build. Your metalworkmanship is something I can only envy, and the truck looks amazing. Get used to adding in extra time everywhere you stop, because people love Rats, and there's nothing like blaring through a small town with people openly staring at your truck! I'm in the Thomson area, and my BattleRat is again alive and well.

Welcome to RRR, Hughdini. Rough deal wrecking BattleRat. But, no doubt an easier fix than yon new Beetle.

Did your accident happen pulling out of Leaf Grocery off Hwy 115? If that big rig wasn't in the background I would know for sure. I live in Gainesville....originally from Cleveland. A 52' Chevy 3100 is my project. Oh, where is Cedar Rock anyway.

Enjoy the board, got 1st Rat going last Labor day, just put up pics of project 2. Wrecked BattleRat otw to Cherokee Rod Run a month ago and wonder who in CSRA (GA) is building rats, and where the nearby shows, hangouts, etc. are.

BattleRat wreck below - 1952 F-2 on D-50 chassis 360/C-6
I saw CSRA and thought you were in the Central Savannah River Area (Augusta GA). Didn't know there was more than one CSRA. ;)

*ANNAMEL, wow, Dublin is moving up in the world if it allows RatRoddin'.
I finished high school there at West Laurens back in '80.

Stone
Moved here 10 years ago to wife's family farm. This will be the first Rat in Dublin. Give me a shout when you are in the area.

Man I spent my senior year of high school there after living in the same area and going to school with the same kids for 11 years. When I turned 18 I backed my bags and haven't been back. That was 29 years ago.
But who knows, I may get a wild hair....naaahh. ;)

Thanks just the same.
Hey you could put that Rat on the road and disturb the peace in all those small towns on your way to Augusta. LoL

I saw CSRA and thought you were in the Central Savannah River Area (Augusta GA). Didn't know there was more than one CSRA. ;)

*ANNAMEL, wow, Dublin is moving up in the world if it allows RatRoddin'.
I finished high school there at West Laurens back in '80.

CSRA it is, close to Thomson. Cruise it occasionally downtown AUG, and more often to Pizza Joint in Evans.

Did your accident happen pulling out of Leaf Grocery off Hwy 115? If that big rig wasn't in the background I would know for sure. I live in Gainesville....originally from Cleveland. A 52' Chevy 3100 is my project. Oh, where is Cedar Rock anyway.

Got it. Was en-route to the Cherokee Rod Run. Felt so bad about wrecking it, went out and got project #2 the same weekend. The '52 Poncho is going on top of the F-250 chassis (the one pulling it). Currently moving rear springs forward 13" to make the wheelbase work. Wanted a fuel injected 4 door that I could tow with, maybe have a/c, and look like a high-riding rat maniac.

Cedar Rock is outside of Thomson.

Attachments

• DSCI1201.jpg
    DSCI1201.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCI1206.jpg
    DSCI1206.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 8
Sorry about the accident, that's a bad spot to pull out from. You spend so much time and effort building it and them BAM. Out of curiousity how did you far on insurance.... how did your insurance come up with coverage amount did you get your rat appraised. Did insure it as full or collision coverage. TIA

I just have liability. County I live in is really easy to register so it's a '52 Ford F-2. No ODO/SPEEDO = no collectors insurance. (use GPS for longer trips to check mph) Water & PS pumps, headlights, radiator and support, plus digging into trans to put second gear band back on and back on the road ~$300.

CSRA it is, close to Thomson. Cruise it occasionally downtown AUG, and more often to Pizza Joint in Evans.

Ahh, ok, your not far up the road at all.
Been to the Pizza Joint on Broad St. Great pizza and huge slices.

My mother-in-law lives in Evans so I don't go there very often. ;)

rat suspension

gday guys
ide like to ask anyone out there that can tell me what is the best way to go with front suspension
eg, friction style shocks,lever action or normal style..my rat is very solid & rough to rice in,i have stuffed around with tyre pressures & put my rear air bags only half way up but front needs attention.............
thanx grant

Latest posts

Back