disapointed but proud

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26Troadster

saturday evening the wife gets a phone call from the local law, that asked if she knew a certain young man. she said yes i do he's my grandson. the lady says he is being held by a officer at one of the parks here in town. we go there and he's setting behind the wheel of another kids car. officer says he was speeding, weaving and the tag was out of date. gets the grandson out of the car, crawls up one side and down the other about dui's and how he could have wrecked or run over someone. he's 17 and really disappointed me that he was drinking and worst is he drove. he wasn't drunk and passed the field test but you could smell it on him. the proud part as the officer crawled him he kept his mouth shut and answered with yes sir and no sir, and when the officer turned him over to us he reached out and shook the officers hand and told him thank you. later that evening we got a phone call from one of the other boy's dad saying his son said my grandson gave him a spiked drink. so a meeting was set up so the truth would come out. turns out the other boy lied through his teeth and tried to throw the grandson under the bus to save himself but pictures don't lie. needless to say he was in big trouble, for lying and 18 years old at that. i'm really disappointed at my grandson for drinking and driving and he still has to deal with his grandmother and i, but proud that he is trying to be a stand up young man.

Sometimes an incident like that will wake them up. Getting busted by the police can work wonders. I got popped back in my teens and vowed to never let that happen again, it didn't! Nothing like getting the cuffs slapped on and having to call your peeps late at night! :eek:

Zipper

Proud of all y'all for nipping this in the bud (in a Barney Fife voice) [cl :cool:
I done the same thing when I was young too :eek::(

the officer looked very familiar to me, but i couldn't place him. come to find out i had worked around him for years when i had to go to the strip pit to repair the blast drills. yes if i find him eating lunch or dinner somewhere his money will not be any good at that moment. i owe that man a big favor and another thank you.

Latest posts

Back