Help. Need info on electric fuel pump hookup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thanksbe2

Ok, Supernoob here. I have a stripped '02 Blazer Xtreme frame. It still has the fuel tank and what looks like an external electric fuel pump in place. The motor that was on the frame was a 4.3 V6.

I bought a '92 Vortec 305 which has had the intake replaced and a carb installed. The guy had it running in an 80's truck with a electric fuel pump hooked up to it.

Is it possible to hook up fuel delivery a different/simpler way? Mechanical is apparently not an option on a Vortec.

I have no wiring harness with the frame. How do I hook up the fuel pump electrically? Does it require a computer to control the flow or on/off? Assume I know nothing about this because I do know nothing about this.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yep, you can use a Holley blue pump with a regulator.
Or you can use one of those el cheapo electric pumps with no regulator.

128021.jpg

20_purolator_electric_fuel_pump_23043587.jpg

I'm a big fan of those cube style pumps. Very quiet, with good delivery. I ran one on a hot 302 with a big cam, 650 4bbl and headers and never had a fuel delivery problem, even at high RPM's. Running one right now on my Lincoln, just bought a low pressure unit to replace the failed pump on my truck APU.

Latest posts

Back