delivered a table today

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutch

RRR Supportor
I built the frame for this / these tables last winter. My buddy is a carver and made the oak top. The river runs through ,was the initial plan.
The steel is cor-ten and some stainless. The plane just flew by... :D

Attachments

• IMGP0385.jpg
    IMGP0385.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMGP0436.jpg
    IMGP0436.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMGP0505.jpg
    IMGP0505.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMGP0554.jpg
    IMGP0554.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMGP0939.jpg
    IMGP0939.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMGP0935 (2).jpg
    IMGP0935 (2).jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 31
That is freeking awesome![cl Not familiar with cor-ten. Did you use some kind of bender?

There's a special military operation southeast of you.:mad:

Perfect,:) .Need a long trailer to move that.
Valt mee, Hans. totale lengte van de 2 tafels is iets meer dan 3 meter...

Love the table Dutch !!!!

thanks for sharing, I enjoy seeing "other" projects guys have going...
Me too! I don`t have a lot of actual ratty things going on so if anyone gets bored by my posts, let me know...

OMG! That is some vision and craftsmanship. Needs to be shown in an art gallery. Is that jet flying over a common occurrence?
Thanks e.man. The garden of our client is somewhat of an art gallery... All kinds of cool stuff in it.
There is an old currently unused military airport nearby. They still use it for practice every now & then. Pretty often lately... I grew up with daily fighter jet noise. Glad those days are gone.

That is freeking awesome![cl Not familiar with cor-ten. Did you use some kind of bender?

There's a special military operation southeast of you.:mad:

Thanks Bob. I bent most by hand between a couple wood stumps. I do have a strip bender but there always is a bit of play in them and when you switch sides the bar starts to spiral, which is really hard to correct especially with the cor-ten. ( A242Type1 )
For curve corrections I found the old fly press really usefull. It was a challenge to keep everything lined up correctly... :eek:
Don`t even start about the "special operation... poor people... :mad:

Latest posts

Back