Sears has new open end ratchet wrenches!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I'm sure they've had these a while but I haven't seen 'um. Just saw an ad in one of the car mags & cats... I love me some tools & will be makin' tracks to score some shortly. I love my box end ratchets but sometimes they're a lil too thick to get in some spots & a lil redesign for that would be appreciated but still some of my fav tools!

Craftsman open end ratchet wrenches!

BoB

I have a set that I bought in the late 70's, they were made by a company called Western Forge in Colorado Springs. Funny thing is that they also produced Craftsman wrenches. Maybe someone gave up the patent???....ruggs

They are a cool idea, but after you buy them and flip them over to the backside of the wrench you get to read the rest of the story - MADE IN CHINA. Looks like their hand tools will soon be in the toilet as well...

As a related subject, Lowes is closing out their Kobalt tools at about 50% off. Just thought I would pass that along/

I would buy the Kobalt before I would ever buy Craftsman again!

Me too. I'm kind of mad at Sears over their refusal to replace the defective floor jack we bought less than a year ago. :mad:

I really need to make a Lowe's run anyway & will ck their Kobalt's out. 50% off is what I'm talkin' about!!!

BoB

Wife says she NEEDS a new dress, glad I read this thread because now I can happily take her shopping and then let her know that I NEED to go to lowes

I have a set of Craftsman "Quick wrenches" from circa 1999.
They are the same design as those pictured...but they have a box end on one end, and the "quick wrench" open end on the other.

Unfortunately they are CR@P. If the nut is tight, they round it off. If the nut is rusty or greasy, they won't bite. If the nut is at an odd angle, they don't work. You have to be able to get it perfectly in line with the nut, then push the wrench into the nut while turning it.
Since it only grabs the flats of the nut you have to be able to swing it 60* to get to the next flat...which means they will not work in tight spots.

IIRC, Bob Villa hawked them on TV ads....right along with the "Robo-Grip" pliers, which also suck.

The "Handi-Cut" cutters are the only Craftsman tool in my box that I really like. They are awesome at cutting just about anything, copper wire, even battery cables, radiator and heater hoses, rope, seat belts, tree limbs and so on.

As a professional auto mechanic, I can say I've tried all brands. Craftsman is only marginally better than Harbor Freight. "Craftsman Professional" is about the same as Kobalt. But I think Kobalt is overpriced.

I see that Sears has made deals with lots of places to carry the Craftsman brand tools now. My local Ace Hardware is selling them and yesterday I got a package from Summit and in the box is a catalog showing that they are now selling Craftsman tools too. Not sure what all that is about. [S

Don

I see that Sears has made deals with lots of places to carry the Craftsman brand tools now. My local Ace Hardware is selling them and yesterday I got a package from Summit and in the box is a catalog showing that they are now selling Craftsman tools too. Not sure what all that is about. [S

Don

I believe it's called prostitution.

I think it's called desperation.

Too many people have realized, "Why go to Sears, when you can get the same quality of tool at WalMart."

Latest posts

Back