How to color cloth seats

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its called fabric spray, i have used duplicolor but think marhyde works a little better. The auto upholstery shop i used to work for always used marhyde.

I know one thing........DO NOT use RIT dye. Years ago I had a 70 Cadillac and the black interior was getting faded so I took some RIT dye, like women use in the laundry to dye stuff, and recoated the interior. It came out nice and black.

Some time later my boss flew into town and we made sales calls together. He had on a white suit and when he got out of my car the whole back of him was black ! :eek: I didn't know weather to s*** or go blind, so I just pretended not to notice, hoping he wouldn't either.

That night when I dropped him off at his hotel it was like one of those funny moments in "Something about Mary" with Ben Stiller. He started noticing the black and said "Where the h*** did I get all this black on me?" I told him he must have sat in something at one of the places we visited. (Hey, I wanted to keep my job !!!!:eek:) The next day when I drove him to the airport I took my wife's car so we didn't have a repeat, but I had a hard time keeping a straight face ! :D

I guess RIT dye isn't color fast unless you put it through the washing machine and dryer.......how was I to know ???????? :eek:

Don

Latest posts

Back