1950 dodge truck tribute to my son

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definately dig the wheels bro!!! You can never go wrong with a nice set of 5 spokes!!!!!

[dr [cl [dr [cl

That's for sure! And I like those round rear fenders with a bit of tire hanging out too......kinda like short shorts with a little cheek showing [ddev

Hope you are still on for the cruise Friday night, can't wait to see the pics [P[P

rain???

may be two weeks till pics at the cruise happen.:(

rain is in the forecast for all week-end. then may 13-15 we are taking my friends street legal W 0 W street legal sprint car to a track in eastern washington for advertising and be a push car to start the sprint race cars.

HOW-EVER, as soon as l get her to the cruise in l will post pics.

think l will keep the 5-spokes:D

maybe if l bust butt we can actually drive her there:D:D

Later:cool:

may be two weeks till pics at the cruise happen.:(

rain is in the forecast for all week-end. then may 13-15 we are taking my friends street legal W 0 W street legal sprint car to a track in eastern washington for advertising and be a push car to start the sprint race cars.

HOW-EVER, as soon as l get her to the cruise in l will post pics.

think l will keep the 5-spokes:D

maybe if l bust butt we can actually drive her there:D:D

Skull , which track?

more

we got more wiring done today.

man, l hated cuttin' holes in my brand new firewall to run the wires out to headlight/engine area[dr

ran the wires down the inside of the frame for the taillights, have to start wrapping the ones to the rear so they don't fray and get carroded.

tires

''schine'' l believe that front tires are a little bit small-----------

ya, but with the nova/camaro sub-frame it moves the tire/wheel closer to the fender. if they were taller or wider the tires would rub on the out side of the fender, if l move in the center of the wheel, then it hits the frame. so l made a compromise and this is tire/wheel combo l came up with that clears everything and still looks good.

PS still working on the wiring, got the guages in today.

Horns

scored a pair of 1948 chrysler tuned/curved horns, boy, do they sound sweet.

they sure don't sound like every other modern horn:D

Attachments

• 1948 horn.jpg
    1948 horn.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1948 horn.jpg 1.jpg
    1948 horn.jpg 1.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 7
  • 1948 horn.jpg 2.jpg
    1948 horn.jpg 2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 8
Aaaaarrrrgggggggggg!!!!!!!!

l had to change the master cylinder to a one l had off a van l parted out last year. the one on the camaro/nova sub-frame was shot. l went to AutoZone & got new front brake lines and the short ones that come off the master to the porportioning valve and got to the last one and AAAAARRRGGGG!!

the PolyArmour brake lines that ARN'T supposed to kink, kinked on the last bend on the last line:mad: l bent it on my high dollar tubing bender the same way as all the others so l don't understand why that one kinked. nice thing is l do enough business there, l called and they are gonna replace it for free.

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhh 700 post, another ten years l'll catch up with the big boys:rolleyes:

stance

Tim...Ok ' stance is everything..and you nailed it..''

thanks, took a lot of effort to get it just right. most every other hot rod l played with the suspension of mine had/has coils (chevelles) or adjustable coil overs. this is the first leaf type l have attempted since the mid-80's.

most of my friends vechicles had leafs, mopars, fords, novas, camaros, trucks and older hot rods. till l did the dodge, l forgot what a pain leafs can be to set-up correctly :eek:

Latest posts

Back