Another new guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120octane

Hello my name is marvin, I too am from Tennessee. Just getting into these cars. I,ve done a little circle track stuff but decided I only wanted to build a car once instead of every week. I'm starting with a 48 chevrolet that still ran with the original 216, not much of a rat rodder but got the whole car for 650 bucks. The problem was one of the frame rails was completely rotted where the car sat on a hill. So now with only the experience of welding a couple of cages to the floor of an old chevelle with the roof cut off I'm attempting to build a new frame,so lets see what happens.
angels pictures 174.jpg

angels pictures 175.jpg

treys pictures 007.jpg

treys pictures 008.jpg

Welcome to RRR, 120. Sounds like fun. It'll be all worth it when you're out driving it tho.

Welcome back to 2009!

Octane,
Welcome to the forum! Nice ride & I noticed some of your fotos were taken in the year 2048. Tell us... what's it like in the future & welcome back to 2009! :D Make u're self @ home & keep us posted on u're build!

BoB

Yeah Baby, another '48! I've got '48 Olds in the 'planning stage'. Have a '78 Regal frame lined up to drag home - about the same track width. Payed 500$ for mine - good frame, hole in the motor.

If you need any suspension or frame dimensions, whatever, give a hollar - might even be a ble to part with some parts - might not be worth the transport cost, but It'll give us something to talk about. :)

Welcome to RRR!

[QUOTE "Hello my name is marvin, I too am from Tennessee. Just getting into these cars. I,ve done a little circle track stuff but decided I only wanted to build a car once instead of every week." [/QUOTE]

Welcome Marvin. Great looking start. I used to do the rebuild all week and have the other knotheads tear it up for you on weekends too. Funny how much other stuff you can get done when you don't have to spend all your $$$ on the same car every week.

"So now with only the experience of welding a couple of cages to the floor of an old chevelle with the roof cut off "

You should have no problem building with that experience.

Last edited:
Welcome on board 120! Nice to see another circle tracker making the transition. There is a good collection of us on here, apparently all for the same reasons...have hp, need street legal vehicle that is simple, driveable, yet sharp and fits in the budget.

You already got three good things going for you, from Tennessee , working on a Chevy, and on this site . Welcome to the RRR !!!!! Keep the pics coming.

thanks

Thanks for all the welcomes hopefully I'll be able to get a few pointers from you all with this frame. Stock mustang II front,roadster rails,and an s-10 rear.
eddie.jpg

Latest posts

Back