Thread for COB with pictures

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
Cob asked me to post up these pictures for him:
cobengine.jpg

Last edited:
Worlds first OHC SBC

Heres what I know about the engine.

Its a 265 with Ford Flathead valve actuator mechanism. Was put together by Chrysler R+D.

May have been some evolution after the fact but the story is its got a 2 bbl manifold cause there was no such thing as a 4bbl SBC at the time of original fabrication.

Would be priceless in a Rat

More pictures from Cob

Cob sent these over to me to post for him. Large single carb.:)

Attachments

• cob_splanepictures042.jpg
    cob_splanepictures042.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 33
  • cob_splanepictures041.jpg
    cob_splanepictures041.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 34
I believe its off A WW2 Twin Row Radial Aircraft.

The guy I bought it from said he didn't know what the CFM was but figured it was a Thousand CFM give or take 500 CFM. Fuel line is an inch in diameter.

The quality of workmanship is unbelieveable. The OEM cost must have been quite substancial. Would be a great carb for a Twin GMC V6 or something .

Also thought about mounting it on top of the exhaust stacks of RVS FLO cause from a distance most people thing the exhaust is fuel injection stacks. Also thought about incorporating it into a flame thrower.

I really enjoy Rats because the potential for creativity is unlimited

wow, that motor is great. where is it now? and why still run a cam gear on the block?
That carb is huge!! mount it on the exhaust, like you said. i like that idea.

wow, that motor is great. where is it now? and why still run a cam gear on the block?
That carb is huge!! mount it on the exhaust, like you said. i like that idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suspect he left the cam in to drive the Dist and oil pump.

Thanks for posting the picture.

Ok this ones a teaser.

Who can tell me how the guy got carbs on both sides of a stock Model A Flathead?

One of my Wednesday lunch buddies did the same thing on his Model A Pickup. Fake on one side.

Might be same vehicle as the picture came from the Minnesota Back to Fifties show.

The part that really sucks you in is the detail he went to and the dripping from the throttle shafts on the dummy carbs. Maybe he sprays some WD 40 there at shows?

Latest posts

Back