Just scored a SS

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The donor is an everyday driver with an automatic, he's driving it over here tonight sometime. I like the standard but if the auto will give me a lot better mileage I'll use it.

plus I have that big wart on the rear of my tranny called an E brake.

If it was me and I was gonna get the auto trans with it I would keep the combo together but if not, keep the 3 speed and install a floor shifter. Just my 2 cent's.[P[;):cool:

Here's the old one in my truck
ss old.jpg
ss old1.jpg
ss old2.jpg
Here's the new one in the Valare it is electronic ignition, how much of the stuff in the engine compartment do I need?
ss new.jpg
ss new1.jpg
ss new2.jpg

How much stuff do I need? :(you can never have to much stuff!) :to do what?[S
: to transfer motor into model A frame, or sumth'n less fun, battery and connections to provide power to starter, on/off switch for power from bat. to to dist., key switch (or push button) to provide signal to starter to start.
that's about it. motor mounts, trany, radiator, exaust. ect. charts also in the "electrical" thread section. your A should have tires and a seat and fuel tank. then your rolling (stopping covered in different post)

My thoughts / 2 cents?

How much stuff do I need? :(you can never have to much stuff!) :to do what?[S
: to transfer motor into model A frame, or sumth'n less fun, battery and connections to provide power to starter, on/off switch for power from bat. to to dist., key switch (or push button) to provide signal to starter to start.
that's about it. motor mounts, trany, radiator, exaust. ect. charts also in the "electrical" thread section. your A should have tires and a seat and fuel tank. then your rolling (stopping covered in different post)

I wouldn't get rid of nuttin till the swap is complete..... JMHO...keep it all and sell of the stuff you didn't need after the fact...;)

All that is really gonna be mine is engine & tranny, He wants all the little odds & ends for his other Mopars. But I want to make sure I get everything that motor needs to run when it goes in my truck.

Rusty, This is going in my truck, I haven't went back for the A frame yet, but that would be a sweet start. Sorry

That said......I would hang onto..

Engine Harness, Ign Module, ballast, coil, starter relay, all the throttle and trans linkages, and you should be good.... I would think... I'm sure the starter, pulleys, alternator and basics are staying???...

My buddy had an old 73 Volarie Wagon with the 225..

What kind of fuel mileage can I expect with this new motor with the auto and then with the 3 speed manual?

he used to brag about getting 27 miles to the gallon all day on the highway...with the auto trans..if true...in something light with a manual could do the same..... in a truck....19/20? Just a guess...

Manuals are just fun...

Think I'd be better off using the auto? & keep the manual for a backup?

Until you get stuck in traffic.... did the Woodward Dream Cruise with my Bonne a few years back.. by the time I'd driven 4 miles on the cruise, my leg was cramping from the clutch pedal pressure... was actually shaking.... :eek:....swore I'd never do it again...at least driving the north south route... (Pontiac to Detroit)did the south to north....Detroit to Pontiac and had better flow.... easy on legs...enjoyed it...

Again.... I ramble...... I guess it would depend on the use... sticks are fun you gotta admit....

Latest posts

Back