what carb?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just bought this on ebay (hope it's the right one)

Holley #37-1543 Carburetor Rebuild Kit NIB Fast Kit Model 2300 2 barrel

[Show about a simple ford 2 barrel carb like it should have had from the factory.... simple, almost always trouble free, and if u have any salvage/junk yards with fords they are EVERYWHERE....not to mention mileage....it will be a bolt on to the stock intake and everything...not to mention a kick-down linkage hook-up...for that c-6

did i forget to mention anything else??? lol ;)

With a bone stock 302 I would use nothing more than a 500cfm carb. One of the biggest problems I've seen in the past with people building an engine is over carb'n it. HotRod Preacher has it right...I would put a stock 2 barrell on it and go.

Jut my .02

-Troy

[Show about a simple ford 2 barrel carb like it should have had from the factory.... simple, almost always trouble free, and if u have any salvage/junk yards with fords they are EVERYWHERE....not to mention mileage....it will be a bolt on to the stock intake and everything...not to mention a kick-down linkage hook-up...for that c-6

did i forget to mention anything else??? lol ;)

that sounds ideal
now i need to figure out what intake i do indeed have.

vaccuum012.jpg

vaccuum013.jpg

With a bone stock 302 I would use nothing more than a 500cfm carb. One of the biggest problems I've seen in the past with people building an engine is over carb'n it. HotRod Preacher has it right...I would put a stock 2 barrell on it and go.

Jut my .02

-Troy

4412 holley is 500 cfm!!

I really think your first move should be checking the ignition timing. If you allready own a timing light or can borrow one or just drive around advancing the timing until you here spark knock and then back off till it goes away it's even free. Just so you can put that variable behind.

Now will someone please look at my tunnel ram!

Last edited:
there are apparently 1000's of variables.
so i am going to use the holley fast kit and start from there.
(besides the vacuum tests,fuel level check i have already done)

there are apparently 1000's of variables.
so i am going to use the holley fast kit and start from there.
(besides the vacuum tests,fuel level check i have already done)

Have you double checked the timing?
Check for vacuum leaks?
To me it sounds like you're problem is in the accelerator pump!!

If my memory serves me they did....

Didn't they have problems with these type of plates under the Ford carbs getting holes in them?

That plate was for an egr valve and they burned thru.....might want to check that or replace it....maybe source of Vacuum leak....???[S

That plate was for an egr valve and they burned thru.....might want to check that or replace it....maybe source of Vacuum leak....???[S
Thought I remembered that from Dad, He was a Ford man and had one on a 70 ? Bronco that had burned through ;)
Thanks Sarge [cl

i rebuilt using a holley fast kit.
seems to run just fine.
idles well at stoplights and wont bog when stomped on.
woot!

Latest posts

Back