Well, Crap

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

So, I got most of the motor assembled this evening.i primed the oil pump, and have good stream of oil coming out of all rocker arms. Was feeling good ,until I saw something strange on my new Edlebrock intake. It appears that there is a hole that is un tapped that points at my water pump. You can see by the photos ,what I'm talking about. I'm hoping. I can do something without having to buy another $28 intake gasket.
image.jpg

is that one of the knock -in heater hose pipe holes ? you know the one you drive in with a hammer . I may be wrong on this , Ive been wrong a few times today already , but I think I run into that problem with my 351M it had a hole somewhere that had a knock-in pipe you had to remove from the old one .. Like I said I could be wrong again [S

It's no biggy
If it's supposed to be tapped just put grease on the tap and thread the hole.
The filings will stay on the tap ;)

sheep: check this photo...

The threaded hole takes a fitting for heater hose.

The smooth hole should have a brass(?) pipe -driven in- for the pump/bypass.

460engine-1.jpg

Yep, did some checking last night and found it uses the old style drive in fitting for my by pass. Thanks for the help. It may be a little harder to get in because I have the intake installed, but I'll get it in.

Latest posts

Back