Garage

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 fordman

garage.jpg

So, life happens and I am thinking about building something like this to use as a garage. I can not use concrete for the floor as it needs to be portable. All wooden construction. No permeant structures allowed as I do not own the property.
Has anyone ever used something like this? There will be no welding or cutting. Just for getting out of the cold weather and simple mechanical work and storage.

Thanks

52 Fordman

A friend of mine has one just like that,it has worked out pretty good for him.Only thing is if I had one I would add a gable vent with a fan,it can get kind of stuffy in there.

View attachment 140014

So, life happens and I am thinking about building something like this to use as a garage. I can not use concrete for the floor as it needs to be portable. All wooden construction. No permeant structures allowed as I do not own the property.
Has anyone ever used something like this? There will be no welding or cutting. Just for getting out of the cold weather and simple mechanical work and storage.

Thanks

52 Fordman

I built one for a friend 15 years ago , laid down pressure treated 4X6's 12" on center [ get this part level on SOILD base and the rest well go easy ] then we use a double layer of pressure treated plywood , screwed it all so easy to take apart later , and built it up from there with conventional lumber [ all screwed] still there and solid
Oldog

Portable building

Agree with Odd.
I would design and build it for quick take down. Wall panels bolted together that come apart to load in a truck. Nothing better than taking it with you. Floor panels in 4x8 sheets haul easy. Solid base is the key. Overbuild the floor structure to keep things stable. Avoid screws that strip heads easy.

I'd make sure I sealed the wood floor real good. You don't want the inevitable oil spill or brake fluid leak to soak into the wood.

Shipping container.

40HighCubeDouble3.jpg

These are extremely durable and easy to transport.

20 Footers about $3000. or less

Try that with a wooden structure?

Attachments

• stack.JPG
    stack.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back