Fuel Line Insulate Question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can't you take exhaust wrap and run it long wise down the hose and clamp it like a taco.
sKXKxwT_520f07a1-fcb6-4967-9b17-caba83a8111a_2048x2048.jpeg

Exhaust wrap is meant to reduce heat transfer, not essentially eliminate it as you would want in this case. Seems like a poor idea to me. Even if you use some kind of heat wrap, use the right stuff for the application. Again, as BED said that's just a bandaid.

The big problem is I cannot get the return line apart. There is a spring type clamp that is giving me problems. I will look into it mare. Thanks. Jim

Ditch all that stuff and reroute it with hard lines and rubber connections. Done.

I really thought of that but got kind of spooked when the guy on the F150 board said it needs to be the PVC rubber lines. I have been a car guy for 45 years and thought that was BS but wasn't sure if there was truth to it. Thanks for the response. Jim

The truck my engine came out of had a 5.0 out of a Mustang swapped in. They cut the lines and connected them to the factory truck lines with FI rubber hose. It never leaked.

Here are the specs for Fi rubber hose.
On the line that the hose is going to mate to, create a small flare on the end which will stop the hose from ever slipping off then use a hose clamp.
The people who warn about rubber hose on Fi systems are just parroting what they have been told.
A Fi fuel pump will put out no more than 100 to 150 psi. even if the rgulator sticks wide open. This is far less that the 225 psi. rating on the correct rubber fuel line.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fuel line specs.JPG
    Fuel line specs.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 37
I really thought of that but got kind of spooked when the guy on the F150 board said it needs to be the PVC rubber lines. I have been a car guy for 45 years and thought that was BS but wasn't sure if there was truth to it.

If there was any truth to it there would be thousands of cars spontaneously combusting every day. Not sure what credibility "the guy on the F150 board" carries, but I'll go with real world experience over armchair quarterbacking anyday.

Steel line is far stronger than any PVC, and they make FI rated rubber connection hose for a reason. The chart Old Iron posted above should be more than enough to put any F150 board worries to bed...

Why can't you take exhaust wrap and run it long wise down the hose and clamp it like a taco.
sKXKxwT_520f07a1-fcb6-4967-9b17-caba83a8111a_2048x2048.jpeg

Exhaust wrap is meant to reduce heat transfer, not essentially eliminate it as you would want in this case. Seems like a poor idea to me. Even if you use some kind of heat wrap, use the right stuff for the application. Again, as BED said that's just a bandaid.

redidbull, it doesn't look like it would be hard to route that out of the way with hardline and get everything in order. The fuel injection doesn't know or care what kind of line you're using.

If you absolutely needed to protect the line, use something that's meant for it, like these products: DEI Line Sleeving

Using exhaust wrap to protect fuel lines is a terrible idea.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back