36 Dodge truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We sprayed the cab with the hotrod flatz urethane paint . It seems to work pretty well .

HPIM0885.jpg

HPIM0884.jpg

HPIM0886.jpg

Yesterday was a huge work day for us on the truck , things were a little slow in the wheel store so I was able to get out in the shop and work nearly all day . We were sort of scatterered out in several directions , I was boxing the frame , my brother was building the engine , the glass man came and my shop foreman Roger was bouncing around helping everyone . We took the cab off the frame hopefully for the last time .

HPIM0910.jpg

HPIM0911.jpg

HPIM0902.jpg

HPIM0906.jpg

The engine for the truck should be a hoss . It is a .040 over 350 4 -bolt with aluminum heads , hydrolic roller and tri-power with 2-G carbs . This is my brother Todd ( rustbrother on RRR ) playing the camshaft clarinet.

HPIM0896.jpg

HPIM0897.jpg

HPIM0903.jpg

HPIM0907.jpg

HPIM0909.jpg

Back to frame work ---- will it ever end ? I find myself jumping around a bit , it gets old working on the same part of the build all the time . We were a little worried about frame twist so we fabbed a pretty cool little X brace up to help . I will add removable cross braces to the bottom that will work as a drive shaft loop and completely tie it all together .

HPIM0978.jpg

HPIM0977.jpg

HPIM0984.jpg

We also built some frame horns as ours were missing . I found a section of old drive shaft that was left over after we shortened one down for my model A . It worked great

HPIM0982.jpg

HPIM0983.jpg

Frame Update

Okay , i'm a little of schedule but the frame is pretty much finished ,except paint . I think it's amazing how good it looks all one color even if it is primer . After a little block sanding we should be good to go on paint ! Todd decided on gloss black urethane paint for the frame . I'm really starting to get excited , after the frame is painted .... it's assembly time !!!!

HPIM1039.jpg

HPIM1040.jpg

HPIM1042.jpg

HPIM1041.jpg

Latest posts

Back