Hi Kids!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I was told too and I had no reason to doubt him. The CL pics were definitely an S10. I was just going off that link I provided two threads up. That link I had provided above said that the S10 rears would fit. Definitely NOT the case, lol. I dont even think the 4WD ones would fit. Needs to be at least 8" if not 10" wider than what I bought unfortunately.

2WD S10 rears work great under Model A's... If you're running full fenders and a 7" or 8" wide wheel. Keep in mind, if you're looking for advice on what to use, 99% of what people say will work for Model A's won't work on your build. You'll want wider if you're going fenderless, channeled, and air bags. Yours is a full custom build, so other than finding guys like LB50 that have done a similar build, you'll be blazing your own trail on some stuff and figuring it out for yourself.

2WD S10 rears work great under Model A's... If you're running full fenders and a 7" or 8" wide wheel. Keep in mind, if you're looking for advice on what to use, 99% of what people say will work for Model A's won't work on your build. You'll want wider if you're going fenderless, channeled, and air bags. Yours is a full custom build, so other than finding guys like LB50 that have done a similar build, you'll be blazing your own trail on some stuff and figuring it out for yourself.

Absolutely! That's one of the main reasons for joining this community of rust :) Y'all have done this before and I can learn from your guys' mistakes, so to speak. Looking forward to building my first car and hopefully driving it in a couple months.

Fish plate all your joints. Its easier to do it the first time than to go back after its bent and fix it!!

I'm using the 2x3x3/16 tubing for the rails and crossmembers. Do you match the 3/16" for fish plating? Thinner? Thicker?

I'm using the 2x3x3/16 tubing for the rails and crossmembers. Do you match the 3/16" for fish plating? Thinner? Thicker?

I did!

Attachments

• fishplate.jpg
    fishplate.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 13
just how do you get a ride height when nothing is attached yet?

Mock up.

Set your frame at the desired height and rake. If you have wheels and tires (or at least know what size you want) loosely place your axles and work from there...

If you haven't started a frame yet and don't where to begin, use 2x4 lumber.

Latest posts

Back