28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Dozer. A friend of mine stopped by yesterday and everytime he does the wheels start turning and I nudge the idea that he should start a project. Well yesterday he was going on about wanting to find one of them “long” cars so I pulled up your build here and he says that’s it, just like that one.
Don’t know if he will ever get to starting something but I’m working on it as I get him to help with my projects, maybe someday he will get on board.
Anyway , looking forward to this one. I’m hoping the other project is along the lines of getting that 440 to thump ridiculously at idle but that’s just me.

Looking good Dozer. A friend of mine stopped by yesterday and everytime he does the wheels start turning and I nudge the idea that he should start a project. Well yesterday he was going on about wanting to find one of them “long” cars so I pulled up your build here and he says that’s it, just like that one.
Don’t know if he will ever get to starting something but I’m working on it as I get him to help with my projects, maybe someday he will get on board.
Anyway , looking forward to this one. I’m hoping the other project is along the lines of getting that 440 to thump ridiculously at idle but that’s just me.

Thanks Gunz, I know where there are a few good projects for sale about 10 miles from me.:D
And yes the 440 will have a Thump

Wow I can't believe how fast time flies, I haven't posted on this build since Oct last year.

Thanks for the reply Joedoh.

Now that the Fargo is out of the shop and I have it pretty well cleaned up, I got the bug to do a little more on the project. I hate having to buy sheet metal when there is so much laying around. Problem was finding an old hood that was big enough to form a hood for the Dodge. It's 42 inches long. I found an old red hood off of a 60's mid size ford of some kind that fit the bill and budget perfectly. I think I spent more time trying to figure out how to get it curved right that actually doing it!! Good old Redneck engineering. I ran out of mig and tig gas so I couldn't get started on the hold downs.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of FastFour Hood 001.JPG
    Resize of FastFour Hood 001.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Resize of FastFour Hood 002.JPG
    Resize of FastFour Hood 002.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Resize of FastFour Hood 003.JPG
    Resize of FastFour Hood 003.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Resize of FastFour Hood 005.JPG
    Resize of FastFour Hood 005.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 118
  • Resize of FastFour Hood 006.JPG
    Resize of FastFour Hood 006.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Resize of FastFour Hood 007.JPG
    Resize of FastFour Hood 007.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 120
I like the hood. Will you add the "bump" to the top of the grille? And maybe fade down the middle of the front?

Lookin fine dozer!

Thanks Smallfoot

Looks great, Dozer... add a little hot rod rake and you're golden! [cl

Thanks Doc, I agree on the rake

That is a sweet body. Good job on the hood top.

Thanks Bob.

I like the hood. Will you add the "bump" to the top of the grille? And maybe fade down the middle of the front?

Thanks Skip Yes I will add the bump in the grill top and incorporate my hood ornament. Not sure what you mean by "fade down the middle of the front" ?

Looks good Dozer. [cl
My go to method for rolling sheet metal is a length of thickwall PVC. I clamp it to my bench and then work the metal around it. Gives you a pretty nice curve.
Keep at it....[P [P [P
Torchie

Thanks Smallfoot

Thanks Doc, I agree on the rake

Thanks Bob.

Thanks Skip Yes I will add the bump in the grill top and incorporate my hood ornament. Not sure what you mean by "fade down the middle of the front" ?
Just more bump on the front of the grille shell. Likely not needed. It looks like there is a badge that goes there anyway.

Dozer, I've got to prompt you to show more pictures of the car as it is a dang fine specimen.
I have been dreaming about making an old hood out of a newer hood too, but I assumed it couldn't be done. 'Till now, anyhow. [cl[cl

Looks good Dozer. [cl
My go to method for rolling sheet metal is a length of thickwall PVC. I clamp it to my bench and then work the metal around it. Gives you a pretty nice curve.
Keep at it....[P [P [P
Torchie

Thanks Torchie, never thought of plastic pipe and I have a 5 ft piece of 4 inch in the shed.[S

Dozer, I've got to prompt you to show more pictures of the car as it is a dang fine specimen.
I have been dreaming about making an old hood out of a newer hood too, but I assumed it couldn't be done. 'Till now, anyhow. [cl[cl

Thanks Mac, I spent a lot of time looking at my bead roller trying to figure out how to put a center bead 20 inches in with an 18 in throat, then looked at the really nice already formed one in an old hood.

looks

the car looks great[cl[dr

PS, l like the 4 into 2 doors builds, kinda fond of those after doing 3 of them with a lot help from friends.

Later:cool:

Latest posts

Back